weekend recap 8-17

was hopeing some one else might pick up on this and run with it ,but its ok.I'll start it and see where it goes this week...

OK,tell us what you did or acomplished this last week and how did it go for your week end?...

I accomplished alot this week .. rebunked the 2 place trailer with pressure treated 2x4's an out door carpeting using my air stapler with 1 insh wire staples ( worked very well) installed new stops and winh straps along wit new tires and bearing buddys...
    swap'd skis around till i got the 2 wrs on the dual trailer and the gp onto the single...

had that wr crank i rebuilt checked for true and it was right on the money!!

took the GP out for a spin today and what a trip that was.. i forgot just how hard that thing steers around a corner ( it almost threw me a couple of time's till i got it set in my head to prepair first for the g forces it imparts..) great fun .. no boats, the kids are in school and it was overcast from the gulf storms so it was a real nice ride burning thru a tank of fuel...

got a second cover off ebay for the WR, so I can park that trailer out side now with the skis protected on it,then I pulled the WJ around under the car port and am going to start assembling it into the speedsteer..a good week and a great week end it turned out to be...

Oh YEAH...does any one have a good second seat (rear) for a GP!? mine cracked just above where it locks down.. I'M basiclly looking for the shell so I'll just swap everything over.. thanks

Well I still haven't solved my rpm loss problem on the 96 Raider 700. Tried running with the carb cover open a little and that helped some, but still just seems like it needs more air - rpms feel like they're fluctuating (maybe something's clogged?). It'll go ahead and give me some more for a few seconds, then either slows down or won't go as high next time I throttle to full. Going to try cutting the seat to help with ventilation, but would really like to see a picture of someone else's before I do it so I don't weaken the structure of the seat or ask for water pouring in. Also still not convinced this isn't a shaft bearing or some other jet pump issue. I don't have any meters, btw, just going by the way it sounds and the fact that it tops out at 3/4 throttle and doesn't give me any more.

Frustrated that I don't have more time to spend on it.

+1
    Could not ride, even though I actually had some free time.

Blaster #1- Still sourcing parts for its now twin carb set-up. Almost have everything, then just to put it back together and start the tuning process.
    Add a 3rd pisser to the cooling system.
    Few other small things

Blaster #2- Just sold the last of my OEM waterboxes, came out of it.
    I now have to now take a FP box out of Blaster #3 and install in B #2.
    Then add the primer kit, add second pisser,wash and wax it, and it is "done". (Are they ever really done?)

Blaster #3- Waterbox into #2, then install new TDR box in it.
    Install new reed cages and reeds.
    Adjust the new UMI bars
    Re-do my water routing. Adding a second pisser.
    Tune

Blaster #4- Pick it up when I have some more free time.

Here come the smokers! OBXJeepGuy's Avatar
    Almost had a Factory Pipe GP760/B2 exhaust system yesterday. Some jerkoff outbid me by $1.50 at the last second. Whatever. I should have just taken it in the backside, and given him what he originally wanted for it, although I feel he wanted a bit much for it.

And I have the same rear seat problem as Eric does. This is the only reason I haven't gotten new seat covers. I wouls bet the seat would disintegrate as soon as I start shooting staples into it. Of course, I can't find one of these, either.

ebay 74.00, wasnt cheap ,sunlight got to that plastic under the back... mines not broke apart yet .. will let you know if i find another one!!!

I was away last weekend all weekend in Boston and this weekend I am going to be in Tennessee all weekend so I havent had much time for tuning. Im still working on breaking it in after having it together for a month. Just not enough free time right now. Hopefully soon I will be able to ride all weekend for at least one weekend and get it running good! I still have my UMI set-up I need to install as well as a Riva reed spacer and i have an uber loud TDR box on the way

Thread Information