Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

Post How To: 2008 RXP/RXT Storage Cover Shock Bracket Location Service Bulletin

The attached file is the SeaDoo Service Bulletin to relocate your shock absorber bracket. This is required for those whose shock absorber keeps falling off. It effects all 2008 RXP/RXPX/RXT/RXTX. The procedure relocates the bottom bracket 10mm (RXP) and 15mm (RXT) to the left (port side).
    Attached Files Attached Files

+1
    Thanks for the info, JT!

+1
    I accomplished this procedure today and is very easy and works! I used 3/4" self tapping stainless screws instead of rivets for the new holes. Also found the forward hinge bolt very loose, probably causing shock to fall off in the first place.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jpt7779 View Post
    I accomplished this procedure today and is very easy and works! I used 3/4" self tapping stainless screws instead of rivets for the new holes. Also found the forward hinge bolt very loose, probably causing shock to fall off in the first place.
    My fwd hinge bolt was also very loose, tightened it and not had any problems since.

I had the update and it still came off, its the bracket it can't have any play in it. since i fixed that its been holding.

Excellent! Mine popped off for the first time last week.

Thanks for the info, I gave up on hood supports... The bucket props the hood up pretty well.. I'll give this a try, hopefully it works. Just an FYI for those who have done this, and are still having issues. Make sure the hood support rod is perfectly straight, as they to warp when the shock starts to come apart.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by troyheb View Post
    My fwd hinge bolt was also very loose, tightened it and not had any problems since.
    Thats what I found on my PX, too. I started seeing foam bits up front and found it loose. Tighten it up and all is good again. I guess I better put it on the check list.

+1
    I am struggling with this guys...

I have the update already. And I have pulled everything apart. Now is there a sequence I have to put the L bracket back on ? If I follow the bulletin I dont need to remove the front bolts of the bracket (deepest in the front).

I cant get enough play in the bracket to attach both ends of the lift support. I know to use a ratchet when I get the two lift support ends on but it will twist if I try and use a ratchet without the two ends on.

+1
    Urgh...I figured it out myself. I completely disassembled everything including the ball end from the bracket. When I put it back together I used the wrong hole in the bracket (used the one pictured instead of the one for a RXT-X). They must reuse the same L bracket on different models.

The napa part number for the replacement shock on a RXT-X/RXT is 819-5586 ran me $about $30.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information