Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Cavitation???

Cavitation???

I have a 2003 GTX S/C Limited w/25 hrs that I just picked up and it seems to hit the rev limiter every time out of the hole. The previous owner said they just replaced the wear ring and propeller which I thought was strange with the low hours, but the guy was great about the service and maybe the dealership sold him a bill of goods? Is it common to feel like this? I just rode with my buddy who has a 07 rxp.....awesome! and a Kawasaki 4 stroke that's not supercharged and it jumped out of the hole much better than mine without cavatation.

Any ideas would be appreciated!

-Mike

+1
    sounds like the wear ring to me. if you can tell the impeller is in good condition then its gotta be that. to do a quick check just flash a light into intake for jet pump and look from the back into pump to see gaps around impeller.

The impeller does look new.....and it looks tight to the wear ring, but I'll check it with the flash light......so I shine it in from the rear and look int the grate right? And should I see any light?

Thanks

I lit up the grate and it looks like there is a 16th on an inch....sound right?

anyone?

I had the first one deliverd to the shop I work for in 03. I found the weak spot right off. It had a plastic pump with a side support to limit flex. I got Seadoo to put a metal pump in under warranty after 2 wear rings in a month. But I also found out that the impeller was also to blame. It still wore the rings but not near as fast. The best fix was a Solas impeller. IT wasnt as touchy about wear rings. Better Hole shot by far and a few mph on top. I could wip those FX HO's Sent a Yamaha rep home with 2 beaten Skis after he bragged how they could beat SC's. Do the Solas and a new ring and I guaranty you will love it and you wont need to do a ring for a long while. Done it for 3 customers all praised it. If you want to beat the KAWI just take a long ride He will be out of gas long before you. Then tow him in..

Banned User
    Maybe the carbon seal?

Quote Originally Posted by kane View Post
    anyone?
    I have a simular problem with my 06 RXT, do me a favor and turn it sharp to the right or left and try taking off out of the hole, don't get thrown off now. If I do that it takes off normally. let me know please

Quote Originally Posted by PEST! View Post
    I had the first one deliverd to the shop I work for in 03. I found the weak spot right off. It had a plastic pump with a side support to limit flex. I got Seadoo to put a metal pump in under warranty after 2 wear rings in a month. But I also found out that the impeller was also to blame. It still wore the rings but not near as fast. The best fix was a Solas impeller. IT wasnt as touchy about wear rings. Better Hole shot by far and a few mph on top. I could wip those FX HO's Sent a Yamaha rep home with 2 beaten Skis after he bragged how they could beat SC's. Do the Solas and a new ring and I guaranty you will love it and you wont need to do a ring for a long while. Done it for 3 customers all praised it. If you want to beat the KAWI just take a long ride He will be out of gas long before you. Then tow him in..
    Thanks.....If the wear ring was new, do I still need to change it with the Solas Impeller? What do they cost and where do I pick one up. Thanks again!

Quote Originally Posted by skooter525 View Post
    I have a simular problem with my 06 RXT, do me a favor and turn it sharp to the right or left and try taking off out of the hole, don't get thrown off now. If I do that it takes off normally. let me know please
    I'll try it this week and let you know....

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information