Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Gas Cans

+1

Gas Cans

I guess I'm kinda old fashioned, but I remember the days when you could get a gas can that had a flexible hose on one end and a vent cap on the other. Seems that the tree huggers of the world have rallied to get these replaced with a horrible horrible new design that is not very user friendly.

I have seen the nice race gas cans on the internet, but I was looking for:
    A. A can that is less than $30.00
    B. A store I can buy said gas can at (shipping is more expensive than the can)

Looking forward to your replies!!!

I hear you. I hate the newer cans. You have to pull back on the nozzle to get it to pour.

If i knew,...I wouldn't ask sea-one's Avatar
    +1

gas cans

Hey guys,...i got one of those "rattle hoses" things at LOWES for $7.set the can on the seat,a few shakes and thats it,no straing by holding the can and having to chase the ski while its in the water...

4. +1 by:

+1

Gas cans for PWC?

I wasn't sure if you're post was for PWC purposes or gas can use around the house. Re. PWC use, I bought 2 diff. type at Lowe's, I think each type was about $20.00 each. Both types have logged over 400 miles on the back of my skis and I haven't lost a cap or a drop of fuel. Each style is vented in the spout. I do carry a funnel to help while refueling on the water.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1100946.JPG 
Views:	181 
Size:	2.56 MB 
ID:	146428   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1110811.JPG 
Views:	154 
Size:	2.22 MB 
ID:	146429   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1110812.JPG 
Views:	112 
Size:	2.38 MB 
ID:	146430  
    Last edited by 83Gator; 08-18-2009 at 09:40 AM. Reason: typo

I have found these to be very good. I can put 6 gallons and only have the white colored ones so the level is easy to find....
    Premium Utility Jug ULT-3000

Ultra Racing Gear Premium Utility Jug. This is the best jug made. Period. It features a molded finger grip handle and recess in the base for additional support. This premium jug is also thicker and features a easy start O-ringed cap with removeable plug and a threaded vent cap. Many competitors use a snap style vent cap (like a lawn mower gas can) to save money, but Ultra Racing Gear's Premium jug sets the standard in features and safety.
    5.5 US gallon capacity
    Size=10.125 x 10.125 x 21.5" high. These utility jugs can not be shipped the state of California.
    They also have a fexable spout. Marshall Racing

+1
    lol this thread reminds me. found out last week that here in this grand ole state of fagafornia, new tree hugin law is in effect. we can not carry or transport utility gas cans (race cans) greater than 5 gallons with fuel in them. if our cans are larger they must be empty. only time we can fuel em up is like at a marina n chit like that. heard it from a dealerships cashier so dunno how right this 'law' is.

RE: Gas Cans

Quote Originally Posted by Small Paul View Post
    I guess I'm kinda old fashioned, but I remember the days when you could get a gas can that had a flexible hose on one end and a vent cap on the other. Seems that the tree huggers of the world have rallied to get these replaced with a horrible horrible new design that is not very user friendly.

I have seen the nice race gas cans on the internet, but I was looking for:
    A. A can that is less than $30.00
    B. A store I can buy said gas can at (shipping is more expensive than the can)

Looking forward to your replies!!!

These are the cheapest (quality) gas cans I could find (I ordered white so I can see the fuel level in the can easily).
    You will still need to order the filler hoses (2 options shown at bottom of page), I ordered the one with the valve (less over pour mess). Good Luck!

I have included the link to the website: nhttp://www.parkeryamaha.com/

LC Utility Container

Our Online Price: $22.99

Manufacturer: LC
    Manufacturer Part No: 30118

Condition: New

Choose Selection Here

Color: Select Color Black Green White

Enter Order Quantity:
    Email this page link
    LC Utility Container feature extra large lid with O'ring gasket, made from high impact polyethylene, Exceeds recommended D.O.T standards, Adjustable screw on vent, Containers are accurately graduated in gallons and liters. size is 10-1/2 x 10-1/2 x 21 inches, 5 plus gallon capacity. NOTE: This container is intended only for use as a rapid refueling device for racing vehicles used in professional off road and closed course competition racing events. It is NOT a portable fuel container as described by ASTM, EPA, ARB or other state or federal agencies. Intended for racing only and not to be used for street legal fuels.

Filler Hose For Race Jugs

Reg Price: $6.99
    Our Online Price: $5.30
    You Save: 24 %

Filler Hose For Race Jugs

Filler Hose With Shut Off Valve

Reg Price: $23.35
    Our Online Price: $18.75
    You Save: 20 %

Filler Hose With Shut Off Valve

+1
    Where do you buy a gas can holder for a trailer? I've googled but come up with some odd results.

OT: The newer style gas cans cause me to spill far more than the old ones. I don't see how pulling back what feels like a gas can foreskin makes things safer.

I found military style gas cans from costco up here in Canada and they have the same dumb nozzles as the other new ones but also a vent on the back that screws off like the old ones and it pours great.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information