+1

Question about Gas....

Im getting an RXP and was wondering what everyone does when they cant get premium gas. Nearest premium pump is a 30min ride on a calm day from my cottage. And "on average" how long does a full tank last?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by sportsterme View Post
    Im getting an RXP and was wondering what everyone does when they cant get premium gas. Nearest premium pump is a 30min ride on a calm day from my cottage. And "on average" how long does a full tank last?
    I filled up with 89 octane once, because I almost ran out of gas on the lake. Other than that I have only filled my ski with 92 octane.

My average is about - a full tank gone in 3-4 hours. I ride alot of chop ... I think that has something to do with it.

Is your question really about octane additives?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Craigo View Post
    I filled up with 89 octane once, because I almost ran out of gas on the lake. Other than that I have only filled my ski with 92 octane.

My average is about - a full tank gone in 3-4 hours. I ride alot of chop ... I think that has something to do with it.

Is your question really about octane additives?
    All the octane additives i know of are a joke. Are there any good ones? Maybe amsoil guy will let use know if there octane booster is any good? But I do need to find a permanent solution.

+1

Here's an idea.

How about this >> Click <<

+1
    little over kill but i was thinking the samething.

Maybe this but bigger, still have to fill it up though.
    http://www.flo-n-go.com/products/product_duramax/

+1

Even Better Idea.

Just go to the gas station and fill this up with high octane gas. Then store it in the garage until you need to fill it up again. I'm assuming from your picture that you live on the water, and have property.

>> Click <<

+1
    Hey sport, do you at least have regular 87-89 fuel available near by? If yes, my suggestion is to keep a few five gallon jugs of av-gas on hand to mix with your regular. Av-gas is 100-110 octane low lead and is usually only about $1.00 a gallon more than premium. Pretty cheap octane boost I think. A couple of gallons of av-gas added to a total fill up of reg. will more than put you at the octane level of premium. A couple of things to keep in mind. Av-gas burns cool. So don't use more than you need, because even though you help prevent detonation by raising the octane rating, if your burn is to cool you'll actually loose a little performance. The other thing is not to store your fuel for extended periods. Fuel looses about a point of octane per month. My formula is to mix in Sta-bil on the last outing of the season, and then mix in the av-gas for the first tank in the spring. My two cents worth,,,,,,,,well, maybe a nickels worth. Sorry for the ramble.

OBJ

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by sportsterme View Post
    All the octane additives i know of are a joke. Are there any good ones? Maybe amsoil guy will let use know if there octane booster is any good? But I do need to find a permanent solution.
    This stuff works:

http://torcoracefuel.net/pro-accelerator.html

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Craigo View Post
    Just go to the gas station and fill this up with high octane gas. Then store it in the garage until you need to fill it up again. I'm assuming from your picture that you live on the water, and have property.

>> Click <<
    Quote Originally Posted by outboard john View Post
    Hey sport, do you at least have regular 87-89 fuel available near by? If yes, my suggestion is to keep a few five gallon jugs of av-gas on hand to mix with your regular. Av-gas is 100-110 octane low lead and is usually only about $1.00 a gallon more than premium. Pretty cheap octane boost I think. A couple of gallons of av-gas added to a total fill up of reg. will more than put you at the octane level of premium. A couple of things to keep in mind. Av-gas burns cool. So don't use more than you need, because even though you help prevent detonation by raising the octane rating, if your burn is to cool you'll actually loose a little performance. The other thing is not to store your fuel for extended periods. Fuel looses about a point of octane per month. My formula is to mix in Sta-bil on the last outing of the season, and then mix in the av-gas for the first tank in the spring. My two cents worth,,,,,,,,well, maybe a nickels worth. Sorry for the ramble.

OBJ
    Quote Originally Posted by 1tommygunner1927 View Post

Tommy have you use it befor? how much is a bottle of the stuff

great ideas guys. 53L Flow N Go with 100+ in it then i can buy gas at the marina across the street from me. Its a very small marina but the guy helps me out alot pluse free ramp so i like to buy gas there, Pluse ive been using his gas in my all my boats for the last 6 years and have never had a problem. I think if i make sure i get the right ratio for mixing the two octanes it wont harm anything. and my fuel wont sit long ill burn 120L+ a EVERY weekend lol.

+1
    This is what I use in all my gas from BNDautomotive.com the fuel supplement with 87 octane fuel and your good to go!

Thread Information