Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

GP12r Bogging Question

First off my ski is a 2000 and my engine is bone stock only premix mod done. SO i have taken it out twice prior to Saturday no problems I went out it was all good did some beach landings then all good but sometimes after i turn it on under low throttle it was fine but then under heavy throttle I would get this weird bogg then like nothing it would go away. engine sounded like it had a slight misfire but it would go away and ride fine. Anyone got any input on this ? I took it home after i was done ridding and flushed it out at home on the triler and still no bogging. I dont want to take it out next weekend and have this happen again or possibly worse

+1
    You could need a carb rebuild if your getting a bog. If it seemed like a "misfire" check your spark plugs. How many hours on the ski?

Nothin' runs like a Deere IowanGPR's Avatar
    sounds like you are running rich and fouled a plug? got any new plugs to put in ?

Work n school this week has been a bitch so i havent had a chance to check the ski but I will check the plugs I have a feeling thats my prob (I hope). Dunno if its the gas I am running regular gas with a premix ratrio of of 32:1. Gonna check the plugs and hope its not the carbs

well i am bumping this thread cuz I went to the Keys this weekend and I still get this boggin prob. Called my Mechanic and he told me that it sounds like the Accel. Pump does this sound correct

also i alredy changed my spark plugs and gapped them .40

+1

Cool

running 32-1 premix on a stock ski is a little over board 40-1 will be fine ,few thing to check-has cat failed could be clogging exh. system-if carb's have never be cleaned now is the time
    if it was my ski would install D plate and have carb's redone include rejeting and disable accelerator pump
    jim performance is not far away you might what bring it to him

later cd

+1
    Sounds like carbs to me too but always do a compression check its easy and if you don't have the tool Pep Boys sells them for $15. If the carbs have to be rebuilt might as well add flame arestors and re-jet, thats what I did and am very happy with it. Don't forget to set the pop off pressure too that could have a lot to do with your bog. Oh and deff. d-plate.

damn makes me not even want to ride it for a while. Thanks for the advice guys most of the things u suggested are already on my to do list but everythings just been tight and want to ride it more than invest more into it right now. Summer is over basically so with the down time here is my list of changes if I am missing somthing or you have another sggestion please provide you input I would appreciate it. Also I am not looking so much into performace just reliability and gret performance in stock....

Waveater clips
    Cat delete D-Plate
    free flow exhaust
    re-build or clean and re adjust Carbs (not sure on this one any help)
    intake grate
    ride plate
    new sponsons
    Ans is it possible to change my fuel level sensor in the gas tank mine is giving bad readings and I have to shut down and power up to get it to read right

I'd say 32:1 is WAY rich. The stock oil injector probably mixes around 50:1.

If you've never checked the exhaust values they could probably use a cleaning.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information