Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Question Is your cover impossible to get on?

I just bought a new RXT and the cover is damn near impossible to get on. It's so hard to get on that I actually pulled one of the pieces of elastic half way through the seem on one of the sides the first time I was putting it on and had to spend an hour trying to fish it back through. I double knotted it on both sides and it holds now, but I have a hell of a time getting the damn thing on the ski.

Now my old Sea Doo's are hard to cover too, but not NEARLY to this extent if you put the handlebars in first.

Is it just me or is this thing SUPER TIGHT? I actually feel like I"m going to rip it. I know it's the correct one for my ski because the part number is the same as what comes up on SeaDoo.com.

Life is Supercharged (without ceramics)
    +1
    did they give you the right one ?? you shouldnt have to rip it apart to get it on.

my rxp cover is tight but if you start from the front and then cover the sides last, its relatively easy to put on.

I will have to admit its not as easy as a boat or other jet skis, they are custom fit covers so they are made to stick right to the jet ski.
    Then again i dont own an rxt so it might be an rxt thing, gtx people should have similar covers.

My RXT cover is really tight, but as long as I start with the handle bars and mirrors it seems to go on without too much of a fuss.

Handle bars really need to be all the way in the corner seams of the cover or it will not go on.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by JR4 View Post
    My RXT cover is really tight, but as long as I start with the handle bars and mirrors it seems to go on without too much of a fuss.

Handle bars really need to be all the way in the corner seams of the cover or it will not go on.
    +1 Handlebars and mirrors first.. That's the only way

ditto! handlebars and mirrors FIRST

Thanks everyone, my old Sea Doos are the same way so that is the way I started (handlebars/mirrors first). It's hard to shove the handlebars all the way to the corners; they get JUST about there and won't go any further (like maybe a 1/4 in away). Then I can get the front on with relative ease, it's just the back that's hard. One corner goes in hard, but the last corner at the back really takes some muscle to get in there.

As I said, it is definitely the right cover, unless the wrong cover was in the box. Once it's on there it fits, just almost seems like over time it might start to rip if I keep pulling on it that hard.

+1
    2006 handle bars were narrower and shorter than the 2007 and up. so if you have an 07 ski, with an older style 2006 rxt cover, the bars will be tooooo tight.
    sounds like thats your problem, older cover on newer, wider bars.

+1
    2007 + rxt are wider handlebars. You won't get the 2005-06
    rxt to fit w/o big time issues.

Ask me how I know

As I said, I'm nearly positive I have the right cover. I have a 2008 RXT and the part number for the cover is 280000392. Unless the wrong one was in the box from the factory, then it should be the right one.

I have 3 OEM covers for my '03 GTX SC which is kept on a Jet Dock at the marina. There are only 2 skis on this Jet Dock, so I have to put the cover on from between the skis, start at the stern, lean over to get both sides hooked, then pull the cover up over the handle bars and mirrors, then pull it tight around the bow. I would never be able to do this on an IS ski because the marina won't lengthen the docks. In the wind, it's friggen impossible... Ron

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information