07 RXT Impeller problem

Thanks for listening. I searched before I decided to post, I did not find a thread that addressed this problem well. I have an 07 RXT with 52 hours. Last month we sucked up some rocks and destroyed the impeller. In stock trim it ran according to it's own speedometer 71+ at over 8000 rpm. I took the machine to the local dealership and asked for a factory replacement. When I took delivery I noticed the impeller is now stainless. The service manager said they installed a Solas impeller and wear ring,and it is the company who makes impellers for Sea Doo. So I accept and take it out on the water. It now goes only 65-66 according to the speedometer, and the revs are high 7's. We took it back, upset of course by the change. They look it over thinking it is the motor, they say everything is okay and refuse to change to a factory impeller.

So, what impeller am I supposed to have? What RPM should I be looking at in factory trim? I am thinking I might take it back and demand they replace the stainless part with the factory sea doo impeller, or should I just leave it alone?

Quote Originally Posted by RXT817 View Post
    Thanks for listening. I searched before I decided to post, I did not find a thread that addressed this problem well. I have an 07 RXT with 52 hours. Last month we sucked up some rocks and destroyed the impeller. In stock trim it ran according to it's own speedometer 71+ at over 8000 rpm. I took the machine to the local dealership and asked for a factory replacement. When I took delivery I noticed the impeller is now stainless. The service manager said they installed a Solas impeller and wear ring,and it is the company who makes impellers for Sea Doo. So I accept and take it out on the water. It now goes only 65-66 according to the speedometer, and the revs are high 7's. We took it back, upset of course by the change. They look it over thinking it is the motor, they say everything is okay and refuse to change to a factory impeller.

So, what impeller am I supposed to have? What RPM should I be looking at in factory trim? I am thinking I might take it back and demand they replace the stainless part with the factory sea doo impeller, or should I just leave it alone?
    The OEM speedo will not read above 70 mph, so I am not sure where you got the 71 reading from. See if the dealer can give you the specs of the solas prop. A little bending of the prop may get your revs and speed back up.
    Good luck.

Cheers

Chris.

The prop is a Solas 15/21. I am not sure what is supposed to have, I thought I had read it was supposed to be a 15/20. Anyway, the RPM's are down to 7280, I remember from before they were much higher. The motor seems to run fine, like I had always remembered, it is just missing some of the top end.

The speedo consistently read over 70 nearly every time I took it out. I GPS's it yesterday and did not see over 64 when the speedo read 70 (under perfect conditions, morning, cool, flat water).

It sounds like they just put in an impeller that they had in stock and hoped you'd go away. That's why you need to learn how to DIY and eliminate the hassles of going to some dealers... Ron

Thread Information