Thread: JD1 open loop ?

+1

JD1 open loop ?

Guy I install a Jd 1 open loop on my friend and we install 2 different temp guage and still not reach more thant 100 f pleace any want has this problem or know how to fix . I think is to mush water flow I may have to install a valve .

+1
    Did you drill out the water restricter washer in the pump shoe??That would be the washer with the yellow ring around it..You may have to much water pressure and its not giving the engine time to heat it up properly..From what i have heard Dans kit runs the water temps up around 170/180 degrees F.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Snoman View Post
    Did you drill out the water restricter washer in the pump shoe??That would be the washer with the yellow ring around it..You may have to much water pressure and its not giving the engine time to heat it up properly..From what i have heard Dans kit runs the water temps up around 170/180 degrees F.
    Yes we did a 1/2 inch drill ! i will test again with a deffrent washer thank snowan for you help.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by rxpredviper View Post
    Guy I install a Jd 1 open loop on my friend and we install 2 different temp guage and still not reach more thant 100 f pleace any want has this problem or know how to fix . I think is to mush water flow I may have to install a valve .
    its gonna be hard to find what is wrong without knowing and seeing first hand, start double checking everything its prob something small. Your the first out many with this problem so PM me and I will be able to help we'll figure it out.

+1

open cooling

You will need to put a reducer in the line coming out of the head to keep the water in the motor longer. Make a piece out of aluminum to fit the 3/4 line with a small hole in it. I would start with a .250 dia. hole. Larry

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by lcoach3042 View Post
    You will need to put a reducer in the line coming out of the head to keep the water in the motor longer. Make a piece out of aluminum to fit the 3/4 line with a small hole in it. I would start with a .250 dia. hole. Larry
    THIS IS NOT CORRECT
    He is using a specially designed and proven water routeing and doing what you suggested will cut the water flow to the exhaust system and cause it to over heat.

Thread Information