Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Green Hulk LOVE/HATE

Man you guys are killin me. I have gained so much knowledge from this site I cant believe it. But, I dont know if the saying " a little knowledge is a dangerous thing" may be catching up with me. Your how to section has had me wrenching and fixin, some times whether it needed or not, like I never have before. Ive had things apart that probably shouldnt be apart just cuz I can and with the tutorials I have beeen able to put them back together. Today, with my newfound confidance, I did the most basic of things and changed the oil.It was sweet as I talllyed up my savings versus having the dealer do it and converted said savings into 12 packs of my favorite adult beverage. So all goes well but in my quest for perfection I'm driving myself crazy. I cant get the oil level right and its pissing me off. I dont have the luxury of a flush kit and the lake is to far to drive to after enjoying the savings..read BEER. So, please help me put this project to bed before I hoist the ski, RXT, into the kiddie pool and piss off the wife.
    With the ski level and cold on the trailer, is there a reasonable way to measure the oil level. Right now after the change the level shows exactly between the high /low bends int the garage/cold. Am I close or do I have to wake up the neighbors.......................

+1

Thumbs up

Ah man,,wake up the neighbors then get another twelve! Jerry along with miketrinn has a cool site with the help of a few. Lemme throw a bone to shibby,,I suggest you do the same as his depression with a barge is actually causing him to lose weight and get shorter. You sound as if we will get along,,I like that. Peace bro!

put it in the kiddie pool , BUT GET IT ON VIDEO

don't worry about the neighbors, they will get over it

i think you should be very close, but it would be best to check with it floating in the water, just take a little bit with you and next time you go to the lake check it

mine is always a little above the top bend and it still turns 8100-8150 on a hot day and it's stock, so you got me

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    Hoss... i took this picture strictly for you! i was riding with Vman and his girlie up the hudson just a couple weeks ago... stopped and whipped out the camera and told myself to remember to post this for Hoss, lol

big ass BARGE, pathetic little wake it throws tho i can't get my barge to jump the wake of another barge for nothing.

------
    wiki711.... u shouldnt need a flush kit... the garden hose will thread into the flush port in the back of the ski... jsut turnt he ski on first, then turn the hose on.

but if u want it to be between the bends when HOT, then the cold reading should be about at the bottom bend maybe just a touch above the bottom bend.

once ur betwen the bends tho, it's very finicky. the slightest bit u remove can make the level change alot.

DEFINITELY put it in the kiddie pool and take pictures!!!! i've been tempted many a times to put my ski in the inground pool in the backyard... only problem is my sideyard isn't wide enough bc i have all fish ponds and bridges that aren't wide enough to let me wheel the trailer back there.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	upload1 470.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	1.11 MB 
ID:	6751  

+1

Talking

Dude,,ya`ll are sick! I wouldn`t go riding near those big ace things. I use to build them. Thats alot of weight that wouldn`t even know it ran over you much less stop to find out. Crazy man!

+1
    getting the oil level right is one big PITA!

It has to be checked on the water after the ski has been thoroghly warmed up- just running on the hose aint gonna cut it- you'll drive yourself nuts...

I have two containers marked in graduations- one for the oil I drained - the other for new oil. Put in the same as you take out and then adjust to get it right between the marks out on the water.

I always check the level on the water when I ride prior to doing my next oil change so I know where I'm at.

Once you do it a few times it'll get much easier to manage the level for optimum results.

Hell Ya Hoss, the hose is in the pool as I type. Should be filled in about 20 minutes. I measured the pool and I measured the ski and if my math is correct I should be able to do foot planted doughnuts until the oil is up to operating temperature.....thta calls for another beer......................

+1

Thumbs up

get the beer,,,MATH? bro,,,you must be smoking something,,,,,eyeball it,,,i looked,,its ok,,,nail it!

+1
    where are te pictures?

WTF?...wheres the craftmanship. That cheap ass pool, made in china, couldnt stand the raw power of my american..well north american made hog. I cant believe after only 25 doughnuts the thing collapsed. Cheap foreign made crap. A bit of advice, when running closed course buoys in your front yard, always and I mean always buy a quality american made kiddie pool. I still havent got a satisfactory answer on my oil level question but my toys R us is open late and I gots me a new pool to buy..... by the way does beaching your ski on the front lawn void your warranty?????

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information