Thumbs down Blown Engine on 03 Ultra 150

Check out the pics. Cylinder #3 has no compression and there is a side of piston missing. Looks like I will need a new cylinder and a top end kit. Do you guys recomment going with skiworx stage 1.5 and do a full blown build or just fixing it with some used parts and run it like that. There shouldn't be any chunks of metal in the engine. I ran it on 2 cylinders for about 30 mins after it blew. Ski was going into limp mode occasionally after I got it, replaced the exhaust sensor but can't really tell if it works yet. Skiworx looks like a good route to take as far as performance, what about the relability? Thanks for any input.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG00132.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	47.9 KB 
ID:	146565   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG00133.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	44.6 KB 
ID:	146566   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG00134.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	36.3 KB 
ID:	146567  
    Last edited by mikerambot; 08-21-2009 at 04:33 PM.

lebanon tn.
    The level 1.5 would be a good choice. I dont think you will have any trouble with it being reliiable. You probably are going to need some cylinder repair but steve can help you with that too. I would almost bet you got a bunch of sand in the motor that was causing problems.

I'm thinking about just getting used cylinder kits from e-bay and just finish off the season. I got a new CDI box coming in to try fixing the limp mode issue. Would you recommend geting a new sleeve for this bad cylinder and doing a stage 1 from skiworx that would cost $1500, or should I go for stage 1.5 for $2000. Is is really worth getting the flattops for 500 extra? Maybe shredmaster and sponsoons should be the way to go. Thanks for your input.
    As far as sand goes, I'm not sure. I just got the ski and engine was already opened but I don't know the history. Compression is 100psi on #1 and #2, #3 was 100psi when I got it then it went to shit. Damage to piston is on the exhaust side so overheating was a factor from what I read but cooling hoses were blowing water out on the hose hooked up. CDI box has a ghettorigged spark cable also. Hopefully this beast runs soon.

lebanon tn.
    You could go the ebay route for a cylinder. Or you can send the damaged one to uschrome for repair. The cylinders are nicasil plated aluminum not steel. If I was going to do a full top end anyway I would go with the 1.5 kit.

Thread Information