newb here guys...carb questions

if you could replace one thing in the carbs has far as a rebuild what would it be? needle/seat? diaphragms? springs? gaskets? just bought a 93 750 n want to make sure it will run ok... but don't want to burn it up either...got the fuel pump n new lines coming...lines are original still have paint on them...awesome forum by the way!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by xltsp8 View Post
    if you could replace one thing in the carbs has far as a rebuild what would it be? needle/seat? diaphragms? springs? gaskets? just bought a 93 750 n want to make sure it will run ok... but don't want to burn it up either...got the fuel pump n new lines coming...lines are original still have paint on them...awesome forum by the way!
    I would replace everything in the carbs! its a lot of work to take them off and apart only to replace one thing.

She likes the bike. But the ski gets her wet!!!! xlint89's Avatar
    +1
    The rebuild kits come with erverything, except the needles and seats. Which I would still replace.

Also replace the fuel hoses. Check to see if there's a restrictor (brass plug with a TINY hole) in the return hose near the carbs. It has to be re-installed if it's in there.

Here's a great kit for rebuilding the carbs. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Polar...rcraftQ5fParts

It actually has the needles and seats for you too.

Quote Originally Posted by xlint89 View Post
    The rebuild kits come with erverything, except the needles and seats. Which I would still replace.

Also replace the fuel hoses. Check to see if there's a restrictor (brass plug with a TINY hole) in the return hose near the carbs. It has to be re-installed if it's in there.

Here's a great kit for rebuilding the carbs. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Polar...rcraftQ5fParts

It actually has the needles and seats for you too.
    i'd heard most of the parts that come with the kit are for the larger 44mm carbs...you can't get just the parts that wear out...i've got fuel line and the new pump coming...i'd also heard the restrictors in the 93 are inside the carb itself?

Quote Originally Posted by xltsp8 View Post
    i'd heard most of the parts that come with the kit are for the larger 44mm carbs...you can't get just the parts that wear out...i've got fuel line and the new pump coming...i'd also heard the restrictors in the 93 are inside the carb itself?

I have a like brand new rack of 38mm carbs, new everything, ready to go, will do $100 + shipping for ya if interested...

Plug N Play.

Quote Originally Posted by TechSLX View Post
    I have a like brand new rack of 38mm carbs, new everything, ready to go, will do $100 + shipping for ya if interested...

Plug N Play.
    whats all new?

Thread Information