Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Cutting seat for more air?

Anyone ever made holes somewhere in your seat to let more air out the vents? Or cut notches in the top of the rear vents to let more air out under the seat seal? Need some ideas for better air flow in my 1996 Raider 700. RPMs are down and seems related to less oxygen.

+1
    Yup...I'm going to do a fan set up again like I had in my previous raider. My ski needs more air....big time!! I made a set up years ago that worked great and gave me 60-80 rpm gain in the hot summer months. I made one and sent to Big raider but not sure if he ever tested it.

M

+1
    Here is a seat mod on my GPR. I did this back in 2001' and they still look like the day i installed them.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC03193.JPG 
Views:	78 
Size:	152.0 KB 
ID:	146635  

+1
    Looks good woody!

M

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by WATER WOODY View Post
    Here is a seat mod on my GPR. I did this back in 2001' and they still look like the day i installed them.
    That is a funny looking raider seat! Lee But nice job on your Gpr seat

Yeah I'm going to have to look at my seat again to see if there's a way to do that mod or something similar. Fullboogie is the one who initially suggested doing holes, but I've been trying to find a picture or get some suggestions specific to the Raider. I don't want to do anything too drastic - starting to understand that this 100 degree weather and bathwater I'm riding in may have something to do with the power loss.

I`m following along.... because I need some more airflow also.....

+1
    never tried it but what about drilling with a hole saw inch and a half holes in the fiberglass under the seat? The seat is all your support at that point! Or add some vents in the cowling just above the seat that have a lid or dome shape to slow down the water intrusion? Ram air with a 12 volt Fan, sucking air in, Fan only runs when the motor is on? Drill holes in the battery box? Remove battery box relocate batt and drill holes in the mid wall? Move up north were the air is not as warm?Just thinking! Lee

Quote Originally Posted by L Carlson View Post
    never tried it but what about drilling with a hole saw inch and a half holes in the fiberglass under the seat? The seat is all your support at that point! Or add some vents in the cowling just above the seat that have a lid or dome shape to slow down the water intrusion? Ram air with a 12 volt Fan, sucking air in, Fan only runs when the motor is on? Drill holes in the battery box? Remove battery box relocate batt and drill holes in the mid wall? Move up north were the air is not as warm?Just thinking! Lee
    All great suggestions - maybe Toronto? I also have concerns about seat integrity. Have already had the seat pop off when a passenger was holding onto the strap (ouch). I think holes in the battery box are a good bet to start, plus notches in the tops of the vent hoses where they come up under the seat.

It actually ran pretty good yesterday. I backed it into the water and sprayed carb cleaner into the carb and then ran it a couple minutes. Left the little rubber stopper out of the carb cover for more air. Of course it was also about 10 degrees cooler than it has been in a couple months, so hard to tell what's really helping most. BUT things are looking up.

Quote Originally Posted by WATER WOODY View Post
    What are these inserts? These look like there about 2" in diameter, I though about using mx airbox vents, but there not big enough.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information