+1

04 RXP Loosing ECU Programming without Battery Power??

I have a 04 RXP that has been disconnected from the battery for a long period of time during a rebuild project. I remember reading that they can loose programming if down for a long period of time without the battery to hold the programming. I tried to search for those threads, but couldn't find them. I must say that I usually leave my GTX disconnected accross all the winter months, so I find this one a little hard to believe.

I just wanted to know if I needed to plan to have it reflashed, or not. Fact or Fiction?????????????

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by thompsdw View Post
    I have a 04 RXP that has been disconnected from the battery for a long period of time during a rebuild project. I remember reading that they can loose programming if down for a long period of time without the battery to hold the programming. I tried to search for those threads, but couldn't find them. I must say that I usually leave my GTX disconnected accross all the winter months, so I find this one a little hard to believe.

I just wanted to know if I needed to plan to have it reflashed, or not. Fact or Fiction?????????????
    It should be fine. The ecu ussualy only resets if there is a loose connection or a short in the system (ussualy the battery) . Sometimes when hooking up the battery it can reset the ecu because of fumbling around with the terminals when connecting it. The quick voltage spikes cause it.

This is how I run a jetski shop in the desert nmpeter's Avatar
    +1
    I recall reading about that myself. A 05 wake I had in shop that had taken water had the ecu crap out while I was doing the engine flush. totally forgot everything and actually ended up getting replaced. The delaer claimed that they had such a hard time getting the engine map off the old ecu that they contacted seadoo and had a replacement map downloaded based on the hin#.
    I'm cautious zap the battery connectors on directly and with the key off the post. The nearest doo dealer is 75 miles away and charges $130 an hour for shop labor and any programming job I send down there ends up with an $18 "shop supplies" charge on top of the programming fees.

I don't get enough 4-tecs to invest in a scan-sea programmer right now, but in the next year or two I will likely go ahead and get one ( sooner if they add support for DI skis)

That depends if your ski shows error codes for "things" that are no longer connected - like "air temp sensors" and such that your sski does not have... Ron

Thread Information