Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 69
  1. #1

    Question on "Possible" bad deal, Need help. Concerning XS I/C

    Ok before I go into the possibility of me buying something that was represented as an XS I/C with brackets and piping-- want to ask a question..

    Does anyone know if XS I/C's were made at one time WITHOUT the welded in bracket attachment that you get when you buy a new XS I/C ??

    Here's the deal. I bought this XS I/C off of this classified
    http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthre...highlight=sale

    Are there ANY other "XS I/C's" out there other than the Fizzle kit?

    What I got was an I/C that looks a lot like the fizzle XS I/c but from what I can tell is not. It does not have the same bracket--this one came with a black bracket that allows the I/c to "kind of" sit on it half way. the bracket mounts in two spots to the left of the VTS and downward. the bracket desing is poor, the best way I can describe it is it hase a base that is maybe half the size of the I/c (so half of the I/c is not even on the bracket) and then it has a part of the bracket that angles up on one side at about a 60 degree angle..

    The New XS Kits look to only have "1" bracket which is a pc of metal that is twisted to properly connect to one of the bolts that this one I have is connected to and then it connects to the welded in bung type threaded hole on the side of the XS I/C ..

    No where on this I/C does it say XS or anyhting else for that matter other than some small stamped numbers.

    What do you guys think? I have sent a message to the seller, although it was late last night, so I'm hoping to hear back soon, but as you guys know--it's Friday, I wanted to go riding this weekend, and honeslty just alittle frustrated from messign with this thing for 4 hours last night.. trying to put it in.

    Any help would be truly appreciated.

    By the way---anyone thinking about using the straight pipe that you can buy to bypass the resonator (keeping the stock location output) and doing the I/C *** there is then NO MORE room for the 4 inch Kanaflex to hook up. No chance. So I basically have to do a thru hull now. Uggh. I mention this because several people told me it would be fine with the bypass pipe. Umm, no it's not. lol. and I have the cuts on my hands to rpove it.


  2. #2
    speedskixp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    venice fl.
    Posts
    8,117
    +1
    120
    It sounds like its a different IC kit. It also sounds like the bracket you got is similar to the riva bracket and is much stronger than the bracket that comes with the fizzle kit. I think I know the kit you have. When you were asking about using the stock exhaust with the fizzle kit I dont think you mentioned the 4 in frt intake and now that its not really a fizzle kit it may not have worked with the stock exhaust anyway.
    On the IC, Are both water lines on the front or is one in the rear?

  3. #3
    KC Blue Thunder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Posts
    2,079
    Bro ! I have a XS-I/C and they come stamped on top, I got it from brotherman Fizzle. His I/C come with two mounting bosses on each side of the I/C. His mounting bracket may not be the sturdiest ( no pun intended James) but that can be remedied buying Eris bracket
    (Speedfreaks). The I/C that you are talking about doesnt sound like one of James neither does the bracket. Post some pics. Maybe someone can identify this I/C. Do yourself a favor bro, next time ask for some pics of the items your buying that way you can see exactly what your getting. By the way how did the prop and injectors work out for you ?

  4. #4
    HI. One water line in front and one on back. One in back has a 90 on it. Also a tiny pisser plug in back top of unit. thanks


    Quote Originally Posted by speedskixp View Post
    It sounds like its a different IC kit. It also sounds like the bracket you got is similar to the riva bracket and is much stronger than the bracket that comes with the fizzle kit. I think I know the kit you have. When you were asking about using the stock exhaust with the fizzle kit I dont think you mentioned the 4 in frt intake and now that its not really a fizzle kit it may not have worked with the stock exhaust anyway.
    On the IC, Are both water lines on the front or is one in the rear?

  5. #5
    Your stuff was very good man. Thank you. Agreed on the pics. I'll post some soon, I'm just starting to get a littel upset being that the product was being represented as the XS kit.


    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Thunder View Post
    Bro ! I have a XS-I/C and they come stamped on top, I got it from brotherman Fizzle. His I/C come with two mounting bosses on each side of the I/C. His mounting bracket may not be the sturdiest ( no pun intended James) but that can be remedied buying Eris bracket
    (Speedfreaks). The I/C that you are talking about doesnt sound like one of James neither does the bracket. Post some pics. Maybe someone can identify this I/C. Do yourself a favor bro, next time ask for some pics of the items your buying that way you can see exactly what your getting. By the way how did the prop and injectors work out for you ?

  6. #6
    JFizzleJR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    FL
    Posts
    8,628
    +1
    808
    Quote Originally Posted by OrlandoRXP View Post
    HI. One water line in front and one on back. One in back has a 90 on it. Also a tiny pisser plug in back top of unit. thanks
    That is not the kit, nor the intercooler that's available in the online store. It should work similarly if you can get it set up correctly.

  7. #7
    KC Blue Thunder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Posts
    2,079
    Quote Originally Posted by OrlandoRXP View Post
    Your stuff was very good man. Thank you. Agreed on the pics. I'll post some soon, I'm just starting to get a littel upset being that the product was being represented as the XS kit.
    Glad that my parts worked out for you. James's I/C do have a line in the front and one in the back. As far as i know about the pisser line in the back now thats a mod but it was my understanding that this mod would have the pisser in front like I have it on this pic. its the thin line behind the BOV that you see.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Paolas birthday 061.JPG 
Views:	66 
Size:	157.1 KB 
ID:	146786  

  8. #8
    Gus13letter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Tampa Bay, FL
    Posts
    8,135
    +1
    821
    I saw the kit you bought when it was installed in the guy's ski about a month ago. When I spoke to him he said it was the XS intercooler and he used the Riva Bracket and pipes which is what I just installed in my ski which is a much sturdier design for the riding I do. Yes it is a huge PITA to install. I cursed the thing originally and after I decided to use the Riva stuff. Here is a pic I have of my current install with the Riva bracket and pipes. As for the pisser, mine is in the top right highest point of the IC.

    Give the guy a chance to respond to you.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IC.JPG 
Views:	138 
Size:	592.7 KB 
ID:	146795  

  9. #9
    Def giving him a chance to respond. Thats why i ahve not bashed him or made any comments like "I got screwed" e.t.c.. Because I jsut don't know yet. Allthough it looks like the representation of what he sold is wrong and should not have been written that way. I assume everyone would agree with that?

    Question for you---in this pic you sent--is this your set up with the Black sturdy Riva Bracket ?


    Quote Originally Posted by Gus13letter View Post
    I saw the kit you bought when it was installed in the guy's ski about a month ago. When I spoke to him he said it was the XS intercooler and he used the Riva Bracket and pipes which is what I just installed in my ski which is a much sturdier design for the riding I do. Yes it is a huge PITA to install. I cursed the thing originally and after I decided to use the Riva stuff. Here is a pic I have of my current install with the Riva bracket and pipes. As for the pisser, mine is in the top right highest point of the IC.

    Give the guy a chance to respond to you.

  10. #10
    Gus13letter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Tampa Bay, FL
    Posts
    8,135
    +1
    821
    Quote Originally Posted by OrlandoRXP View Post
    Def giving him a chance to respond. Thats why i ahve not bashed him or made any comments like "I got screwed" e.t.c.. Because I jsut don't know yet. Allthough it looks like the representation of what he sold is wrong and should not have been written that way. I assume everyone would agree with that?

    Question for you---in this pic you sent--is this your set up with the Black sturdy Riva Bracket ?

    Yes the pic is of my setup that I installed last weekend.

    I do not know the guy you bought the stuff from nor do I know what exactly he had, so I am not defending any one. Just looking for details and help you out with your question.

    I rode with him at the Lover's Key ride and he called me to help with the install and routing of the IC. I am not sure how much you bought the kit for but I would prefer the Riva bracket and Riva IC pipes. Can you post pics of what you bought?

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 06-14-2012, 06:44 PM
  2. Need help installing XS intercooler in 05 RXP with stock exhaust
    By linuxglobal in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 01-23-2011, 08:32 PM
  3. SL 750 Possible Bad Piston...Need help...
    By bigbadb in forum Polaris How To & FAQs
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 02-11-2009, 09:00 AM
  4. Bad Cavitation!!! Need Help!!
    By ArmyRXP in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-08-2008, 07:46 PM
  5. RXX questions on rebuild possibilities
    By jgustman in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 06-24-2007, 12:15 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •