+1

looking to move up.. i think

havent posted too much.. but did alot of reading .. here.. I guess im just looking for all of yours input on this.. I currently have a 97 xp and a 95 xp.. i have alot of fun with them, but when it comes to puttin a chicky on the back neither of them are really well suited for that.. plus i reallly like the looks of the rxp.. ive been thinking now for this past week of trading up or selling both and buying an rxp.. i mean id go from 2 skis to 1 but that one ski could do pretty much everything i need it too.. what do you think of this.. im just worried about buying one and having the washers let go or not knowing enough to keep it running for along time.. my 97 xp has been completely rock solid for th 5 years ive owned it with never any problems.. last thing i want is something that is going to give me problems.. summer is too short to have to mess with something...

I'd keep at least one XP. Looking back I wish I had kept mine.

The RXP is a lot more powerful , but the 4stroke ski's are heavy. No more jumping off every little wave or just whipping it around. XP's are more fun for single riders playing and doing tricks. RXP is great for speed and longer runs.

+1
    yea thats what i figured too.. the 95 doesnt handle all that well.. the 97 is point and shoot and it goes where u want it too.. love the way it handles and it still can jump waves and get u plenty wet.. rxp prolly not so much huh ..

RXP is gona get you wejust a turn at the right speed and you will geta spray but You can ride double very easy without being left behind. I only loose 4 or 5 mph with my Girl friend on. We both are not small. The XP has its uses but an RXP is a blast in other ways. Very few will mess with you. It still corners well and when you punch it at 30mph you can throw her off if she doesnt have a firm hold. Its no comparison on acceleration. Reliability is excelent if you dont get water in the engine and dont have the ceramic washers on the Supercharger. I have an XPL and an RXP. For normal riding I use the RXP but for carving and getting stuck in the weeds I like the xp for one reason only. Its light enough to drag back out to the water if I make a wrong turn.. Ride an RXP and you will be sold. Mine can turn in its own length to the right but 2 lengths to the left.
    Dont forget no more oil except once every year a spark plugs last all year. They will run on 89 oct but to get full power in the summer you need 91

+1
    thats a good read right there.. id leave it realitivly stock too.. idk what it is but i love a clean stock looking ski, something about how reliable they can be.. now i just need to ride an rxp

A little Post note My XPL blew a CB shaft bearing and ruined the cases Trying to make it run like a 4stroke and the RXP just keep chugging along. I have had the RXP sink but it was my fault for running into the weeds. and reusing the Seal snap ring

+1
    if you want to ride with someone on the back step up to the 215hp gtx 06 and back is better because they lighten the hull in 07 just make sure it has never had a sc failure and update to metal washers

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by idoodou View Post
    if you want to ride with someone on the back step up to the 215hp gtx 06 and back is better because they lighten the hull in 07 just make sure it has never had a sc failure and update to metal washers
    yea thats pretty much what i want to do.. throw someone on the back, have a bit more storage..im going to look into the gtx..

Thread Information