Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Plaxico Buress

+1

Plaxico Buress

I just heard on ESPN yesterday that he will be going to prison for a minimum of 20 months. Do you guys think its a just punishment? Does this guy really deserve going to jail for almost 2 years for being an idiot and shooting himself? Isnt it bad enough that his mom named him Plaxico? Seriously, who the hell names their kid Plaxico?
    IMO, I think he was made an example of. I dont think he deserves it. But he is guilty of being ridiculously stupid.

unlawful concealed carry ? and shoots himself in the leg ? and named after a mouthwash ?

2 years.

a good start.

Nothin' runs like a Deere IowanGPR's Avatar
    I agree. His time is a good start. Anyone else would have gotten more. Stupid thuggish activities get you in trouble

just for fun :

my first thought was jeez, they're making an example out of him but I read somewhere that its the law there and anybody in the exact same situation would have dealt with the same penalties. The only difference is that since he runs fast, the media talks about it. 24/7 sports news, more enterainting but no less redundant than 24/7 world news.

I sure wish I can get the news to go back and cover michael jackson a little more, I really want to know how things are going, I heard his dermatologist's brother's sister in law had a friend that was getting a haircut tomorrow and I wanted to hear what kind of cut she was going with.

+1
    To bad he only shot himself in the leg. He could have shot his tool off, as to prevent his self from making anymore fools like his self.

+1
    He violated state weapons laws. Why shouldn't he get 20 months like anyone else who did the same? Oh right, you're the guy from the other thread who argued Vick was a good guy who deserves a second chance. What's the obsession with criminal NFL players?

Hmmm.... I am half and half on this one.

Man violated a law (a stupid law, but a law), so yea, prison time as defined by said law, carries normal sentence of 3.5 yrs, so i guess he got off a lil easy??

on the flip side, he is going to jail for doing something that is a constitutionally protected right. Now, before I get flamed, I understand that he broke the law(see above), I am just stating that I disagree with the law.

as a last note, how the hell stupid are you to shoot yourself in the leg?

+1
    Man violated a law (a stupid law, but a law), so yea, prison time as defined by said law, carries normal sentence of 3.5 yrs, so i guess he got off a lil easy??

on the flip side, he is going to jail for doing something that is a constitutionally protected right. Now, before I get flamed, I understand that he broke the law(see above), I am just stating that I disagree with the law.

as a last note, how the hell stupid are you to shoot yourself in the leg?[/quote]

I agree with you on this, I mean come on he makes more money than I will ever see, and carrys his pistol in the waistband of his sweat pants
    Just goes to show, you can take the boy out of the hood, but you cant take the hood out of the boy.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by fullboogie View Post
    He violated state weapons laws. Why shouldn't he get 20 months like anyone else who did the same? Oh right, you're the guy from the other thread who argued Vick was a good guy who deserves a second chance. What's the obsession with criminal NFL players?

I never said that Vick was a good guy, I just think everyone deserves a second chance. Now on to Plaxico, this guy has to be retarded. With all that money, I'd hire 6 bodyguards wielding AK-47's. I guess money cant buy intelligence. He almost got Antonio Pierce sent to jail as well. By the time he gets out he'll be 34, his playing days are over.

+1
    This was a good point I heard on ESPN. Does anyone really care what laws entertainers break? Think about it, most Rock Bands are generally doing drugs almost everyday. Wrecking hotel rooms and probably raping a girl or 3. Does anyone say "I'm not gonna see the Rolling Stones because they broke the law"? No. You buy your ticket just like everyone else and go to the concert. Or what about actors? How many times has Robert Downey Jr. been to jail? Guess what, I'll be the first one in line to see the next IronMan movie and everyone else would as well. Make no mistake about it, sports are entertainment. Most of us dont care what these athletes do, as long as they'll be entertaining us when we catch the next game. Get the point?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information