Thanks, RiZ

Rasta Mon Condoms We Be Jammin!!!!! TxVirageTx's Avatar
    +1

SPACER

2" tail cone spacer??? 30.00 shipped w/bolts

Quote Originally Posted by TxPro1200 View Post

Andy,

Check with Lugs, I believe he has a brandy new MFD he is getting ready to sell. Send him a PM to see if he has it and what he wants.

RizzO
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by TxPro1200 View Post
    What will this do for me?? Thanks RiZ

RizzO
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by 785 Pro Mick View Post
    Andy,

Check with Lugs, I believe he has a brandy new MFD he is getting ready to sell. Send him a PM to see if he has it and what he wants.
    Thanks Mick, I will. In A couple of days I will have 4 of them but they are all 8pin with slow trim, and I need 8pin with fast trim.

I hope Lugs can help......Once I get the 4 MFDs I will post for people that need them.

Quote Originally Posted by rizzo7883 View Post
    Thanks Mick, I will. In A couple of days I will have 4 of them but they are all 8pin with slow trim, and I need 8pin with fast trim.

I hope Lugs can help......Once I get the 4 MFDs I will post for people that need them.
    The mfd will work with either. The only time you need to worry about that is when you are replacing the trim motor. Otherwise the MFDs are the same and will work with both.

RizzO
    +1
    The mfd will work with either. The only time you need to worry about that is when you are replacing the trim motor. Otherwise the MFDs are the same and will work with both.
    Everything but the trim will work fine, Lugs and I tried at the get together and had no luck getting the gauge to go with the actual trim position. I e-mail the original manufacturer of these, his name is David Struyk he owns waterstrike and here is what he said in his email to me:

Andy,

It took me a while to locate our design notes explaining the differences between the various models. I am sorry, but we do not have any 3280264 models. This particular model may look similar to others, but the tachometer has a higher RPM range, the trim gauge has a quicker response, and the fuel level is designed for a specific fuel sender used only on this model.

We have a few of the 3280252 models, but they are not compatible with your watercraft.

Regards, David

He also sent this e-mail to try and describe it better:

Andy,

The gauge you currently have is designed for higher RPM than what I could send you, I think up to 10,000 RPM. The one I could send you I think tops out around 7000, would that be OK?

Regarding the fuel sender, Polaris made a certain number of 3280264 gauges to go with a non-standard fuel sender to account for an odd shaped tank. I do not know the serial number range, but it was changed in mid-production to work with a standard sender. Either gauge will work with the sender, but the mid-level of fuel may be a bit off, or maybe OK, depending on what you have for the sender.

Your gauge was also designed for a faster trim motor, so the one I could send you may not keep track of trim position very well.

Regards, David

So this explains my problem, and why Lugs and I could not get the trim motor to run equal with the MFD. He(David Struyk) did send me 4 of these 8 pin MFD's with the slower trim gauge, model#3280252

So if you need 1 or can trade for the kind I need let me know. Thanks Mick for the info and for all your help it is greatly appreciated.
    Now hopefully lugs has what I need.

RiZ

Wow, that's interesting. I did not think it would make a difference. You see them for sale everywhere and the never call out fast/slow trim. I guess it is called out in the part #. Thanks for the info, never knew this.

RizzO
    +1
    Wow, that's interesting. I did not think it would make a difference. You see them for sale everywhere and the never call out fast/slow trim. I guess it is called out in the part #. Thanks for the info, never knew this.
    Neither did I until, I bought 1 that had the slower trim gauge, about the 7000 rpm limit I couldn't tell you since my Pro doesn't spin that fast......yet. That would be something interesting to check.

RizzO
    +1
    TTT

Still looking for these parts..............

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information