Seadoo gsx problem no power.

I'm having a problem with my 96 seadoo gsx. It just happened today while i was riding and then all of a sudden it gives gas but the seadoo just rev's up. It doesn't want to move. It goes to around 3000rpm and when u try to give it full throttle it just revs. What i have notice is that it might be low on engine oil. I will add some tomorrow. The second thing i notice is that the rod that moves the trim up and down is broken. Would that be a problem of not moving because the back thing just moves up and down freely because the rod is broken. Sorry i dunno what the parts are called as i am new to this seadoo scene. Hope someone can help me.
    It won't be the tranny problem rite? I dunno if it has a tranny or what, but i know it has 1 gear only not like a car. If it lacks oil, would the seadoo go into limp mode or something to prevent it from damaging my engine or something. Anything major can happen? I will get a new rod and put the xps bombardier oil tomorrow. Would that fix my problem? It starts fine. Any reply would be helpful thanx.

It revs very nice no problem, but just it won't move when i give it full throttle. At 3000 rpm cruising is ok.

Warner Robins, GA Home of the 2007 All-Star Little League World Champions!
    Check you driveshaft underneath the ski, in the tunnel, for debris wrapped around it, all the way up to the snout of the impeller. You have what is called cavitation, (when the prop spins but you go nowhere) and we'll eliminate the easy stuff first.

Yes that is the problem thanx. There were rope wires underneath the driveshaft. I already pulled it out. I hope it has power now. I will take it to the water this weekend and also ordered the vts rod part.

Warner Robins, GA Home of the 2007 All-Star Little League World Champions!
    Good deal! I like easy fixes...

Thread Information