Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

+1

Jumping waves with a gprxp

Can a gprxp handle wave jumping talking about 8-10 ft waves

interested in this too... and if they cant handle it why not... what are the weak point? how could we turn this in to a wave jumping beast!!

32 Valves To Love! Racecar_Dave's Avatar
    +1
    Go ask what you need to do to the gpr to make it a bullet-proof wake jumper in the 2 stroke yami section

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by cliff0413 View Post
    Can a gprxp handle wave jumping talking about 8-10 ft waves

I smell a mid-wall debate coming on........

+1
    I would have no problem taking mine in 8-10 foot waves. Maybe have a little trouble with the aftermarket gauges but thats it. The hull and mounts wont hold you back (midwall or not).

thanks that was the answer i was hoping for.. i wasnt talking about the hull cause i know my way around the gpr quite well i was more on the point of the conversion.. with mount. shaft engine. new midshaft support...ect . thanks

+1
    The only trouble you'll get is if you don't post the photos on here of you jumping those waves for us all to see... 8-10 foot are bloody big waves, and love to see the photos.

(I'm not sure how waves are measured in the USA... but in Australia the back of the wave determins its height, not the front... so 10 foot wave may have a 20+ foot face on it)

+1
    the only reason i said 8-10 because the news said so we had hurricane Bill just pass by and the waves were big. I didnt jump any waves because i wasnt sure but the next time i will have photos

Quote Originally Posted by Autosport View Post
    The only trouble you'll get is if you don't post the photos on here of you jumping those waves for us all to see... 8-10 foot are bloody big waves, and love to see the photos.

(I'm not sure how waves are measured in the USA... but in Australia the back of the wave determins its height, not the front... so 10 foot wave may have a 20+ foot face on it)

lol. for real. waves on the news are usually measure by the front im sure. but as a surfer i know that the true way is rom the back. have been out in 8-10 footers and its no fun. you have to time everything perfect and u cant really hit the face or you might just come back down and be going over the falls 3-4 foot (actual) 5-7 (face) is definatly the best waves to jump they arent as powerful so u know you will go through the face everytime even if you get taken off your ski...

next time its big i will get some pics just playin around in the surf but any big air pics will definatly be on a smaller day. a good 15-20 foot air is no problem off the 3-4 footers

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by islandboy View Post
    next time its big i will get some pics just playin around in the surf but any big air pics will definatly be on a smaller day. a good 15-20 foot air is no problem off the 3-4 footers
    Love looking at big air shots (or videos)... be it Moto cross, jetski's, snow ski's, snow mobiles... some awesome vids on youtube...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information