Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

951 xp impeller question

I've read the secret mod thread quite a few times and am still wondering on a good prop. Right now my 01 XP just has a filter and jet kit with no accel pump, jetting is 95 low, 162.5 high, 1.5 out lsa, 1 out hsa. I am going to be doing a head, looking for a head for pump gas, and a prop over the winter and thats about it. Maybe a set of reeds but not sure. I am unsure if that setup will pull a 15/20 concord as Ben did say its a big prop. I was thinking maybe a 14/19 concord but didn't know what anyone thinks or better if anyone has run both. Any input is greatly appreciated.

Warner Robins, GA Home of the 2007 All-Star Little League World Champions!
    I prefer the stock prop bent up one degree on the trailing edge. I tried the Concord, and didn't like it. Spun out of the hole, and the midrange came in stronger, same top end, or actually a little slower. The stocker is the prop on my 2000 XP that runs 67, BTW.
    Last edited by 96XPSS; 09-22-2009 at 08:23 PM.

So that equals out to what should be a stock 15/19 roughly? I have the 920 stock on it now. Who does good prop work? Impros? I would assume them unless someone can say otherwise. What does your xp turn for rpm?

It's between 71-7200...I need to check it with a digital tach. Impros did my prop. The Worx and the repitch.

Do you know if the 909 is the same as the 920 prop? I have a spare mint 909 prop and a brand new 920 prop. I would keep one and send the other if they are the same and can both be used for this.

Sorry, I don't. Maybe one that does will chime in.

Thanks anyways. I really appreciate all the info so far. What do you have done to your xpl to get it ripping that fast? I want to get mine above 65. Like I said earlier I want to do a head, just don't know which is better or to have mine milled (I'd rather not). I would also like to keep it pump gas. My main goal, keep it reliable, yet powerful. I'm not looking to get into the motor for porting since this is my main ski (97 gtx other). I was told by a few just to do head and filters. Anything small or else you recommend? Or what is done to yours that makes that thing scream like that? Excellent job with that.

Thanks! I had to do a top-end on it when I did a level one, because my uncle owned it at the time and he never fogged it. So I have OEM once-overs, Dumonde Tech break-in, ported exhaust manifold, ported headpipe, and expansion chamber, that's it. This ski was fast stock, @ 63.4.

What is the Dumonde Tech break-in? What did you do to the exhaust? Do you remember the dimensions you ported them out at? Expansion chamber? Is that a boost bottle tying the two carbs together? I came to ski's with a snowmobile backround and just still trying to get all the wording correct. Thanks for the info man, you've got your stuff together.

http://www.dumondetech.com/ProductOtherLubes.html The Dumonde Tech allows maximum seating of the rings when used. I've consistently gotten 5 more PSI per cylinder when using this oil on a fresh top end. Others on here have tried it with the same results. Do a search, there is a thread about it.

Porting is nothing special, just remove the roughness. No measuring on dimensions. I fnished up with 200 grit and wet sanded throughout.

My MPEM is probably already programmed one or two degrees advanced from the factory (their mistake) but that is something that really makes a 951 come alive. Get this done too. You'll be amazed.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information