Thread: Bad Oil Cooler

Bad Oil Cooler

Well all in all it was a waste of time and effort to swap out head gaskets and waterpumps/ gaskets ... It was the oil cooler that was bad

so...... lesson learned from me .. IF you or anyone is getting massive contamination of oil water .. do them in reverse order i did them .. .as the oil cooler was easisest to do ... I t can only be either a bad oil cooler .... head gasket ..... water pump/gasket.... seal between oil pump water pump ...cracked head ....block..

Did you or Surf and turf find that the cooler was bad? what exactly happened, crack maybe?...PR...

No actually I found it with jerry ... Derek was too busy and was going away I wanted to use him But he seemed way too busy ...

What happen was I was talking to jerry and asked him if that could be it then we started talking and he was pretty sure that was it... The inside of those things have passages because coolant is 30 degrees or so cooler then oil so the coolant cools the oil ... the passeges for whaetver reason gave way

Craze: gotcha!, yeah Derrick def needs more help over there! I`ve seen their yard filled with ski`s...
    Glad you found your prob! That`s something we should all keep in mind, good catch you and Jer!...PR...

+1
    Chris, glad you found the problem, I was starting to worry about you not being able to make your trip. We actually made some progress @ the shop this week gettin sorta caught up, but I have a feeling when I get back from vaca, all hell is gonna break loose!

+1
    Glad to see the return of the white horse--now thats the Pale Rider I know.

Quote Originally Posted by Jet Set Performance
    Chris, glad you found the problem, I was starting to worry about you not being able to make your trip. We actually made some progress @ the shop this week gettin sorta caught up, but I have a feeling when I get back from vaca, all hell is gonna break loose!
    You know where to look if you need a hand!...PR...
    Have a great time on your vacation!...
    We have to ride when you get back!...

Quote Originally Posted by Jet Set Performance
    Just so things are clear . i in no way was bashing you derrick when I said you were too busy for me , I was in a rush and that was my fault , You were extremly helpful and i will be seeing you soon enough , although if i see you that means my ski is broke ..lol soooo I dont want to see you damn it ...LOL .. Thanks again for helping and being patient with the phone calls .

Thread Information