whats a 01 gp1200r worth that needs a rebuild

i have a 01 gp1200r with a decent trailer that im thinking about getting rid of. i have the engine out of the ski but im not going to have the time or money to invest in this for a while so im wanting opinions of what its worth..i pulled the head and to me it looks like it needs a set of pistons and rings, and a cylinder maybe two repaired.hull is in pretty good shape has a small scuff going down the bottom from beachin it i guess?? thanks josh

Its better to burn out than fade away christian79's Avatar
    I have seen them go complete and intact (needing an engine rebuild however) for $1000 to $1200. Honestly for me with the engine removed and with it needed two cylinders I would offer $600 to $800. The reasons for the low offer are;

1) The season is over
    2) It has been disassembled

Contrary to popular belief you are not doing the next guy a favor by starting the dismantling. No offense but as a buyer I would say if you can't or wont fix it then why do I want to buy something you took apart.

3) Cylinder repair on these skis are not simply a matter of honing the hole and putting a bigger piston in, these cylinders are plated and the replating is not cheap.

I hope this helps..... My advice is to hold on to it and keep your eyes open during the winter. Deals happen and you just have to be there when they do.

Good Luck

Its better to burn out than fade away christian79's Avatar
    Dude I just checked you old post when you got it. That ski is very nice..... Infact I really wanted that one but you go there first........ LOL Seriously fix it if you can. PM me if you have any questions I will be happy to help with any info I can.

Good Luck

thanks ill keep you in mind when i start to mess with it, ill prob starting tearing the motor down around christmas if i still have it

Quote Originally Posted by christian79 View Post
    Dude I just checked you old post when you got it. That ski is very nice..... Infact I really wanted that one but you go there first........ LOL Seriously fix it if you can. PM me if you have any questions I will be happy to help with any info I can.

Good Luck

Pm me if you wanna sell it and where you r located.

Moderated
    i shudder to think what my 02 model owes me

Thread Information