Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Looking to buy 1050 & 1200 cases

I'm looking to buy several CHEAP 1050 or 1200 cases, I can even use a case that is damaged on the mag or pto! If you've got undamaged cases, they've got to be priced right for me to buy. PM me, or e-mail me at [email protected] with info on what you have to sell.
    Thanks,
    Martin

SPEED KILLS, BUT YOU GET THERE QUICKER Keddano's Avatar
    +1
    Don't think there is such a thing as a cheap domestic case. Best bet is e-bay or John Zigler.

Quote Originally Posted by keddano View Post
    don't think there is such a thing as a cheap domestic case. Best bet is e-bay or john zigler.
    Not even damaged ones?? How many have been thrown away? I want to make a twin out of the big triple reed cage case, and a quad out of two damaged triple cases for snowmobile drag racing. I doubt anyone other than I would pay anything for a damaged case.

Help!

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by mutty View Post
    ...I want to make a ...quad out of two damaged triple cases for snowmobile drag racing...
    What do you use for an ignition system and stator when you build a quad?

Rasta Mon Condoms We Be Jammin!!!!! TxVirageTx's Avatar
    +1

cdi

couldn't you run a twin stator and trigger to twin cdis and have two firing at the same time,would be like linking 2 twin motors both at tdc on the mag cyls running one stator

Quote Originally Posted by K447 View Post
    What do you use for an ignition system and stator when you build a quad?
    Depends on how you phase the crankshaft, remember that if you use a 2 into 1 y-pipe into one tuned pipe you must have each pair of cylinders fire 180 degrees apart for the pipe to make any reasonable power. If you phase your crankshaft to fire once every 90 Degrees, pairing two exhaust ports into each y-pipe (at 180 degrees apart), for a total of two y-pipes and two tune pipes, you can sucessfuly build a quad and use a twin ignition stator and flywheel, but you'll need to add another pickup trigger 90 degrees from the original.

I'm building a Outlaw Pro Mod Snowmobile with a proprietary nitrous system that I have designed (that I expect to revolutionize nitrous in 2 strokes) and preliminary numbers have shown that a nearly 600 horsepower can be had with a quad, which is more than what the current leaders in the class are able to utilize at this time.

Anyone want to be part of the build with some cases?

Mutty

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by mutty View Post
    Depends on how you phase the crankshaft, remember that if you use a 2 into 1 y-pipe into one tuned pipe you must have each pair of cylinders fire 180 degrees apart for the pipe to make any reasonable power. If you phase your crankshaft to fire once every 90 Degrees, pairing two exhaust ports into each y-pipe (at 180 degrees apart), for a total of two y-pipes and two tune pipes, you can sucessfuly build a quad and use a twin ignition stator and flywheel, but you'll need to add another pickup trigger 90 degrees from the original.

I'm building a Outlaw Pro Mod Snowmobile with a proprietary nitrous system that I have designed (that I expect to revolutionize nitrous in 2 strokes) and preliminary numbers have shown that a nearly 600 horsepower can be had with a quad, which is more than what the current leaders in the class are able to utilize at this time.

Anyone want to be part of the build with some cases?

Mutty
    You should contact Randy at Watcon,he had a 4 cyl engine. There should be a thread regarding it on this site.

SPEED KILLS, BUT YOU GET THERE QUICKER Keddano's Avatar
    +1
    That motor has been cut and destroyed, but yep,it was a true Quad...good memory Casey.....I'm getting old. Or was it?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Keddano View Post
    That motor has been cut and destroyed, but yep,it was a true Quad...good memory Casey.....I'm getting old. Or was it?
    Yes, you are getting old !!!! LOL
    It was a 4cyl ,even if Randy doesn't have it anymore,he will be able to give alot of technical info of how it was done.Randy remebers everything,I don't think he ages

Nothing against Randy, I'm sure his quad was awesome, and I'm sure his stuff is as good as there is in it's correct application, but I don't need to know how to do it, and don't need anyone to do it for me, I've got that covered, I just want to buy damaged cases so I don't have to cut up the good ones on my shelf. If Randy decides to field his quad in Outlaw Pro Mod Power Adder (NOS) in Snowmobile Drags and finds a way to get the 600HP consistantly needed to be competitive, I'd love to see his engine then.

Mutty

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information