07'RXP

Novi 44 jetting help?

I have a 97 GSX with Novi 44 carbs, FP Spec 2 pipe, R&D rec head, Solas XO prop. I need help with the jetting on these carbs. I am currently running 130 pilots (1 out) and 127.5 mains (2 out). Ski seems to bog on take off, needle to feather throttle to clear it out. Ski used to pull 7200 RPM, now it only pulls 6890. Pulled plugs and they are black. Running premix at 40:1. Raves are leaking oil heavily. Novi recommended 130-132.4 lows but found the 132.5 to be too rich. For highs they recommended 115 but when I ran that the plugs never got color. Any hlp with jetting would be great.
    Thanks
    Chris

Warner Robins, GA Home of the 2007 All-Star Little League World Champions!
    Novi is normally very accurate on his jetting. But it also could have been for an X-4 hull, and you would need a little more fuel for yours.

Have you inspected your coupling on the pipe for a melted split? The reason I ask is I chased the same symptom thinking it was carburetion when my coupler was split. It never put any exhaust into the hull, it would only spray some water at wot. But run like crap with no power...this ended up being it.

07'RXP
    Thanks for the reply I will give that a check. Could dirty Rave valves cause a loss in RPM? I took the Raves off today and they were filthy, wet and black. I have the pipe hard jetted so I am wondering if this screwing with the RPM,s? Last year when I ran it which was in salt water I was hitting 7180-7200 RPM. This year I bring it to a Lake in PA and it is running low on RPM, could water temp and elevation change anything?
    Thanks
    Chris

Warner Robins, GA Home of the 2007 All-Star Little League World Champions!
    Yes, dirty RAVES could cause it, if dirty they can stick closed preventing max rpms. You will normally get more max rpms at sea level, but this is dependent on how the salt water is. Meaning there are different levels that load your engine more or less, so how depends on how concentrated it is.

What jet is in your midpipe? If you have EWCI, make sure it isn't sticking open. The solenoid gets clogged with debris, especially if you aren't filtering the water, this happens often.

Thread Information