Thread: fuel cooler

fuel cooler

has anybody tried cooling the gas . I have a disel engine on my boat that
    i did that in and it really improved my performance .does anyone know what temp the water coming from the rr ic to engine is ? If its cool im thinking on putting a cooler in line before it goes in the engine for my gas
    any comments or suggestions ??????????????????????

I was thinking about putting reflective tape on the gas line and putting a reflective sheet on the gas tank to stop that from heating up.

Not sure how much it would help but I read where cooler gas meant better performance.

Mercruiser uses a fuel cooler on its fuel injected motors. Amazingly enough called "coolfuel" go figure.... It runs off of water that is drawn through a raw water pump, fed through the oil, fuel and power steering coolers. It then either runs through the engine to cool it then out the exhaust. Newer versions with closed cooling runs the water through a heat exchanger then through the exhaust then out. The water will be about the same as the water you are riding in depending on wheter you get it before or after the innercooler. Your fuel eventually will get to the temp of your engine compartment. 100+ degrees posibly, compared to maybe 70 or so is a good change. its could be a bunch of work however needing more h2o hose and new fuel lines..

NO NOT REALLY TO MUCH WORK IF I GET IT FROM THE WATER LINE COMING FROM RR IC THATS DEPENDING ON THE TEMP OF WATER ONCE IT COOLED THE AIR IN IC

You would also have to make new fuel lines. depending on where it was mounted. From the line to the cooler then cooler to the fuel rail. Water is easy but the fuel you might have to have the lines made depending on the fittings or use SS braided. Not impossible but it coud be a pain depending on how cramped it gets.

[/img][/code]

any suggestions anyone???

+1
    honestly i think it is somewhat of a waste of money and time, i dont think you will see any gain at all from it, you need to supercool the fuel to see any gain on our machines, like some sort of ac sytem where the fuel lines are plumbed into the low side of an ac system, that is where you will get considerable temp drops in fuel and actually see a gain, lake temp water i dought will do the trick

Thread Information