Is it cavitation or s/c slippage?

I am getting more confident with my 2008 rxt. When I spin out, go back wards and hit the thottle hard all at the same time I hear what seems to be cavitation. It also happened when I had two buddies on and sunk the ski back wards into the water. Is this a common thing? And what are the consquences of this noise? Thanks for your help... bob

Quote Originally Posted by h2oinmyvains View Post
    I am getting more confident with my 2008 rxt. When I spin out, go back wards and hit the thottle hard all at the same time I hear what seems to be cavitation. It also happened when I had two buddies on and sunk the ski back wards into the water. Is this a common thing? And what are the consquences of this noise? Thanks for your help... bob
    Yea that is cavitation. When you spin out the water is not going through the pump tunnel. Other people should chime in and give more info about that.

+1
    yes it's cavitation but remember you are also putting alot of stress on th sc doing that and also the sc is required to be service every 100hrs.

+1
    yes it's cavitation but you are putting alot of stress on the sc doing that and also remember the sc is to be serviced every 100hrs.

I'm pretty confident it is cavitation being that I am going backward. Now is there a noise when the s/c slips? Can you here it slip or is there any signal that the s/c clutch is slipping?

Have you tried to turn the SC with your fingers? IIRC there is a certain amount of slip but if it turns easily, you are looking at a rebuild.

Oh ya, does not slip after removing the intake boot and tryin to move it with my fingers. Question can you ck the torque slippage while the clutch is on the engine? thanks for the help...bob

Quote Originally Posted by h2oinmyvains View Post
    Oh ya, does not slip after removing the intake boot and tryin to move it with my fingers. Question can you ck the torque slippage while the clutch is on the engine? thanks for the help...bob
    Yes you if you can get a torque wrench on it, you can. I have seen it done myself.

I hate to tell you that what you're doing is going to wear your wear ring real quick. Just be aware that the dealer is going to charge you $500 to change a $50 wear ring. HAND... Ron

Thread Information