Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

73.5 top speed!?!?

Went out on the cumberland river for a quick ride.
    Temps were 87air, 84water. Overcast so the air temps were lower. It was about 3oclock. Ended up blowing off a IC pipe again man my SC is pushing some boost , I can't imagine yall's 13psi kits. I've got to put on a new t-bolt ended up stripping it.

Last week in 95+ heat and 85+water I was in the mid 69's. Well I went in some back creeks off the cumberland river where I know there isn't a current and I had 3/4 tank and my wife on the back. I was doing solid 69.5's everywhere I went. I was seeing 8100 which I have never seen before. I think since the 10 degree temp drop I was running stronger.

Then I get back on the creek and get some nice glass and a long smooth run and I look down (see pic)
    Anyways... I'm calling BS on myself but I was running real strong today. Only got the tank to 3/4 but I know it was doing 70+ with some crazy acceleration. That riva wheel really pulls. I can't imagine the 13psi kits. I love doing spin outs with the skegs and accelerating all over the place and not worrying with those metal washers.

Wish there was more ski's to compare with. Can't wait to get out with Shhr's beast he is making. I was able to run alongside Rodney's stage 1 RXP and I've done a couple tweaks and think I've got some more speed from it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	73.5.jpg 
Views:	323 
Size:	12.2 KB 
ID:	6770  
    Last edited by Kinchyle; 08-12-2006 at 11:28 PM.

+1
    Great to here!!!

Prohibido usuario
    +1
    Big number there, wish you would have gotten a truer number. I want to get out also with the cooler temps. Not riding till tues. when MXL16 gets here. Susposed to be back in the 90's by then.

Attaboy Kinch!!! ...PR...

How`s your water flow/pressure testing going?
    Did you change any hose routing yet?

+1
    nice

Didn't get to test the water flow. I was riding with my wife and had some issues last week so wanted to get the kinks out before I started on the water.
    Still ended up blowing my IC tube off again. I did get the flow meter in though and have hooked it up to my psi meter (the gpm meter is HUGE and HEAVY). There is no way the rxp/t is flowing more than 15gpm I hooked it up to my hose and it was barely reading 2. Someone said 40gpm but I don't think anywhere near.

I have my bov and new plumbing coming in this week so I'm going to hook up my plumbing and redo my water connections to fit in the guages to monitor stock. Once I have some baselines I'm splitting off the IC off and going to check flow again.

I got a cheap boost gauge and I'm going to test it out too just to see what my boost is. I have a feeling I'm putting out a good amount of psi with just the Riva wheel and 4" rear intake. I've blown my tube twice and broke a tbolt

With my max speed gps being 73.5 I'm wondering how people are really gauging there top speeds. I think my ski is right at 70 with a full tank and 90 degree weather. Temps get any higher and I'm in the 69 zone. I think I want to get to a solid 71 in the heat. ...need more tweaking. I'm going to play with the water connections then try the sea slide and play with the hull/rideplate.

ohhhh I have a bit of a porpoise now when I'm in at 70 I think it's maybe because I was riding with 2 people ? When I was cruising with Rodney I didn't notice it. Wasn't going as fast though either...
    Last edited by Kinchyle; 08-13-2006 at 02:52 PM.

+1
    you mention the IC tube blowing off.....is this common....

just curious...(I'm still learning) about the 4-tecs....

+1
    Those speeds are great I will definitly have to get the intercooler installed before we ride so i can keep up

I am going to dale Hollow this weekend so I might wait until I get back just to make sure the ski is ready to ride long and hard this weeked

Quote Originally Posted by shhr
    Those speeds are great I will definitly have to get the intercooler installed before we ride so i can keep up

I am going to dale Hollow this weekend so I might wait until I get back just to make sure the ski is ready to ride long and hard this weeked
    What mods are you about to do ?
    rr wheel, intake , injectors ,14/19.5 ?

+1
    all I have left to install for now is the Riva intercooler, then I am done at least until next month

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information