Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

2008 RXP-X hose still blowin off

what has everyone done to fix this? i've used the heavy duty T bolt clamps, regular hose clamps, still blowin off when i hit the throttle, any advice, links to clamps, opinions? all will help thanks!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by rxp-x78410 View Post
    what has everyone done to fix this? i've used the heavy duty T bolt clamps, regular hose clamps, still blowin off when i hit the throttle, any advice, links to clamps, opinions? all will help thanks!
    Check and make sure the T clamp you are using is'nt to wide or a little to big in diameter. If its not then you need to tighten it more. You can tighten those t clamps really tight. If the clamp is the right size and tightened correctly it will not come off.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by speedskixp View Post
    Check and make sure the T clamp you are using is'nt to wide or a little to big in diameter. If its not then you need to tighten it more. You can tighten those t clamps really tight. If the clamp is the right size and tightened correctly it will not come off.
    +1, you should be able to overtighten with proper size T-bolt clamp.

+1
    Did they have a factory fix on these? I've got 11 hours on my 08 RXP-X now and haven't run into this yet.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarrett View Post
    Did they have a factory fix on these? I've got 11 hours on my 08 RXP-X now and haven't run into this yet.
    I think there may have been a buelteen posted by brp. if your running the stock screw type clamps they can work if you check them periodically. but for the insurance on your new ski I would up grade to T - Bolt clamps. your not going to sink if ic blows so you don't have to have those but I would replace 4.5 inch on mid pipe and the exit pipe on box.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarrett View Post

Have you started to mod yet? If so, I can assure you that yours will blow off at some point. I've been taking a socket to the clamp to ensure it won't blow off. Sea doo should have installed a lip on the exit of the charger IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by FallinOffHurts View Post
    Have you started to mod yet? If so, I can assure you that yours will blow off at some point. I've been taking a socket to the clamp to ensure it won't blow off. Sea doo should have installed a lip on the exit of the charger IMO.

yes, they should have, ive thought about takin it out and having one welded on there lol, (not seriously) but just cause im pissed

as for tightening the hell out of it, can i bend the lip the hose goes on by tightening to much?

there is a ridge formed around the tube did you make sure The hose is pushed all the way on and the clamp is on the right side of the ridge? if its not the hose will come off very easy no matter what clamp you use.
    I know its stupid but no one asked

+1
    Also clean the inside of the hoses and the metal where the hoses attach very well ... if their is oil on the surfaces they will not stay on.

they are clean, ive done it everytime lol, and there is no lip on the pipe

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information