How bad is the milage?

I am thinking about selling the boat and buying another Jet Ski. I had an 04 Kaw. STXR 1200 and I could go through a couple of tanks of gas in a day if I was really going all out. But that was a while back and gas was a bit cheaper (but not by much).
    From what I have read, the new Kawasaki 4-stroke supercharged (250, 260) units are just as bad on gas if not worse. I know you have to pay for speed but $80 a day for some fun is a bit much, esp. when I may go out several times a month.

How is your milage? Are there any mods that will help?

Is the Ultra LX any good and what top speed would I be looking at?

Get a STX-15F if you are concerned about mileage. My sister and brother in law have one and its not a lot slower than my 250X but does not go through the fuel and doesnt need premium.

I get between 3.5 to 4 miles a gallon. I believe it has the largest gas tank with the lowest range of all 4 stroke pwc. I still enjoy my ski alot with 125 hours in 2.5 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan45 View Post
    I am thinking about selling the boat and buying another Jet Ski. I had an 04 Kaw. STXR 1200 and I could go through a couple of tanks of gas in a day if I was really going all out. But that was a while back and gas was a bit cheaper (but not by much).
    From what I have read, the new Kawasaki 4-stroke supercharged (250, 260) units are just as bad on gas if not worse. I know you have to pay for speed but $80 a day for some fun is a bit much, esp. when I may go out several times a month.

How is your milage? Are there any mods that will help?

Is the Ultra LX any good and what top speed would I be looking at?
    If mileage is your first concern, then ultra 250 should be your last choice. If acceleration, rough water handling, and all out good looks was the topic, then it should be one of your first choices.
    The lx is still heavy ski so mileage is not much better, but you still get the rough water capability and the reliability of a naturally aspirated ski like the 15F.

Thread Information