Broken pup shoe on 06 rxp (HELP)

06 RXP... SO after spending a pretty penny fixing the X-S/C after a washer failier now my pump shoe broke were the intake grate meets the pump. Not the bolts but the incline lip that Meets the intake grate. Is there is some kind of mod that can be done to keep this from happening again? Can this be epoxy in or do I havve to chage the pump shoe and if I have to can I fill in the void in that area to reionfrce that lip?

+1
    I broke my pump shoe as well. sometime back a member on this site told me about a product called plasti bond it is a two part plastic. Anyway it worked like a charm. I bought two kits. pulled pump, jacked front of ski up high put tape to make a bottom mold. And mixed and poured it from the back the area with pump removed. I used a electric sander no paper to vibrate the liquid plastic. Then bought a narrow belt sander cheap one fron harbor freight and sanded the plastic smooth from the grate side. end of story has worked for easliy 50 hours or more. I will try to find a link.

+1
    Here is the link to the product http://www.plast-aid.com/ I bought 2 6 oz kits. It really worked.

TreemnThanks for the input. I discovered my RXP has a warped shoe also and was wondering how I could minimise my down time and cost.
    I wonder if adding a brace would make the fix better. A girdle or an insert from Speed Freaks ??

+1
    If my shoe had not been broken I would have put the speedfreak girdle on. that works really well have read about many folks using it. I even had it new in the package never installed it before the shoe broke. I sold the girdle sometime back. The plastic bond does work as crazy as it sounds.

Quote Originally Posted by Treemn View Post
    If my shoe had not been broken I would have put the speedfreak girdle on. that works really well have read about many folks using it. I even had it new in the package never installed it before the shoe broke. I sold the girdle sometime back. The plastic bond does work as crazy as it sounds.
    Thanks for the input. You mention that is good for about 50 hr what happends after that? And what is the Speedfreak girdle? Is that another tipe of intake grate? MY sky is 79mph/ GPS. here in Tampa. I just want to be safe and not create more damage if the bond don't hold that speed.Thanks again for your help.

http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...oducts_id=1036
    Actually Speed freek makes and insert R&D makes a girdle they look like the same idea different execution

+1
    The pump shoe protector is different than the RD girdle. The pump shoe protector will protect the shoe from the water pressure causing it to swell and break. The girdle helps keep the grate from pulling out
    Quote Originally Posted by PEST! View Post
    http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...oducts_id=1036
    Actually Speed freek makes and insert R&D makes a girdle they look like the same idea different execution

+1
    I was just saying I have more than 50 hours on the repair and it is still working very well.

Thread Information