Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Stand up ski

Stand up ski

Im considering purchasing a stand up ski for the first time ( new stand up rider ). something couple years old between 2001-2007. I am having trouble choosing between Yamaha or Kawasaki. What are the pro and cons between the two? which one should i pick and why? Thanks in advance

I have ridden a few standups but began on a kawi 650. i think that was the perfect ski to learn to ride on because it was heavy, stable, and just all around solid. my next ski was an fx1, fun ski but i dont think i would recommend learning on it, it is way too bouncy as where the kawi 650 stayed planted. also, its cheap! i dont have my 650 anymore but have 2 750's instead. the 750 is my favorite to ride but is harder to balance than the 650. never rode an 800 but those are supposed to be very stable...and fast too!

+1
    get a 550 to learn on becasue you can get for about $200 running and beat the crap out of it. then move up. the longer hull is more stable than the shorter 650 hull

+1
    How much are you looking @ spending? That will put you in the direction on what to purchase. I just rode an SXR 800 Kawasaki. I can tell you it is more stable than my 750 sx. My 750 sx is a lot more nimble than the SXR. The SXR stays on top of the water more though. Nice large tray area on the SXR also.

Quote Originally Posted by 800AMSOIL4U View Post
    How much are you looking @ spending? That will put you in the direction on what to purchase. I just rode an SXR 800 Kawasaki. I can tell you it is more stable than my 750 sx. My 750 sx is a lot more nimble than the SXR. The SXR stays on top of the water more though. Nice large tray area on the SXR also.
    I been doing some research. So far I like the SXR 800. Im probably be getting a newer model so its really between the SXR and SuperJet. How does the SXR compare to the Superjet? Also if your wondering how come such a New and Powerful ski for a newbi, Its just that i want to make it a one time buy and be completely satisfied.

Kawi's are more known for being a good race boat. They don't get squirrely as easy and can handle the rough chop a lot better. Yamaha's are more for the freestyle rider, they're lighter, peppier engines and pretty well have the aftermarket as far as upgrades and mods are concerned.

I riden the 550 and the 750. I know my 750 is like balancing a marble on a pin. I normally ride other jet skis with my feet staggered, but on the 750 I ride with them lined up. Even the fire extingisher causes the 750 to favor that side.

The 550 is really more stable...

Kawi does sound like the way to go but does anyone have any more feedback on the SuperJet?

Here's a great place to get SJ feedback, I'm there as well. The Kawi's are a good ski, but it really depends on what your plans are for how you want to use it. The X is a great site for stand-up info. What I would do though for your own good, don't mention Kawi and SJ in the same sentence lol. Go through the different classes and post in the brand specific classes for a real answer on each brand. Send me a PM when you get there and I'll help you with finding good info. I promise if you put the two in a comparison thread you will get argumentive feedback and that's totally not the right way to get good info. The popularity is for SJ, but it only takes one person to have an attitude about it and make the thread go down in unnecessary politics.
    http://www.x-h2o.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Pro-pulsion View Post
    Here's a great place to get SJ feedback, I'm there as well. The Kawi's are a good ski, but it really depends on what your plans are for how you want to use it. The X is a great site for stand-up info. What I would do though for your own good, don't mention Kawi and SJ in the same sentence lol. Go through the different classes and post in the brand specific classes for a real answer on each brand. Send me a PM when you get there and I'll help you with finding good info. I promise if you put the two in a comparison thread you will get argumentive feedback and that's totally not the right way to get good info. The popularity is for SJ, but it only takes one person to have an attitude about it and make the thread go down in unnecessary politics.
    http://www.x-h2o.com/
    Thanks that info was very helpful... x-h20.com is definitely they way to go for stand up skis

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information