Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Cool STX 15F Low rpms - Need your help

Hi. I've got 2004 15f. when i bought it brand new it gps 63mph. Over the years it gotten slower and slower. So this year in 2009 everything stock i and 129hours on it im hitting max 58mph. Im just barely making 7k rpms.

So now I got a shredmaster ride plate, cut the middle bar off at the intake and installed RD performance filter and only hit 60mph. Again my rpms never hit 1 bar over 7k. im dissapointed a bit. Is this normal to loose speed as ski gets older?

I just put a new prop in Solas 13/19, the pump is fine, what could be causing this? where should i go from here? I really need your help guys, thank you!

Did ya check the gaps on the Cams??? Per manual @100 hours? I don't know the MM but I'm sure someone will chime in on this. The Ski is five years old, she will lose some spunk.

I wish I could offer help but at this time, all I can tell you is that I'm having a similar issue. I have an 08 15F with 45 hours. I think I lost 1-2 mph in the last month and think I'm only spinning 7K +1-2 bars. I hope someone can provide some guidance because I'm at a loss as well.

sux to hear that more people are having same issue, I never had 100 hr service, do you think taking it to a dealer for 100 hr service will help? also if you need any info about my ski let me know. I gotta get it faster at least for the next season. Also spark plugs are brand new....

Maybe change spark plugs super7four?

So its that time where im getting my ski ready for the season, and i was thinking or changin oil myself. But maybe i should take it to the dealer so they could do the 100 hour service... people i seriosly need some suggestions about this as i don't have the extra $ to do the service if it really isn't going to do anything good for me. Should i take it to the dealer for them to have a look at it and change/oil at same time or they will be unable to get the RPMS back to normal. thank you!

Have the same problem with my 04 was thinking the old gas might have something to do with it, also check throttle cable as it may have stretched. Also noticed a sponson had loosened up. Want to have my valve clearances checked but dont really have alot of faith in the local dealers.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by tripleflip18 View Post
    So its that time where im getting my ski ready for the season, and i was thinking or changin oil myself. But maybe i should take it to the dealer so they could do the 100 hour service... people i seriosly need some suggestions about this as i don't have the extra $ to do the service if it really isn't going to do anything good for me. Should i take it to the dealer for them to have a look at it and change/oil at same time or they will be unable to get the RPMS back to normal. thank you!
    It sure wouldn't hurt to have the 100 hour sevice done. It makes alot of sense to have the valve adjustment checked , that could be a factor, get the injectors cleaned, check the throttle cable. with the amount of time you have on theski , it would be in your best interest to get it looked at.

+1
    Correct oil level
    Spark Plugs
    Pump Bearings
    valve clearance

Thank you very much, i'll be taking it to a dealer, anyone can tell me the price you've paid for 100 hour service? or what i should be looking at. thank you

My name is Sean and I am addicted to STXs smokeysevin's Avatar
    +1
    if you are down on rpms go through and check all of the maintenance things on the ski, the valve clearance check and adjustment was around 200 plus the shims if needed, that was at my dealer anyways. The other thing as 785xp said is oil level, these skis do not like to have too much oil in them, that could be your problem right there. Your rpms are low so your prop clearance is tight if anything. You said the plugs are new but wich ones did you put in? The only other things i can think of would be to check the fittament of the rideplate, if it is hanging down that would kill speed, or pump bearings as other have said.

Sean

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information