Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

06 RXP Problems after Towing

I was towing tubers for a few hours today, not really that hard on the ski except for having to smack the throttle a bit to get it up and out.

After we were done, I took a few people for a ride and went to get on it and it really felt down on power, but was still smooth. It would top out at 6,300 rpm and hold steady around 55.

It's not running rough or throwing any errors. Any ideas? It feels like a training mode or something. It very much feels electronically limited to that speed with about 3/4 power.

Ski has 88 hours.

Quote Originally Posted by x86brandon View Post
    i was towing tubers for a few hours today, not really that hard on the ski except for having to smack the throttle a bit to get it up and out.

After we were done, i took a few people for a ride and went to get on it and it really felt down on power, but was still smooth. It would top out at 6,300 rpm and hold steady around 55.

It's not running rough or throwing any errors. Any ideas? It feels like a training mode or something. It very much feels electronically limited to that speed with about 3/4 power.

Ski has 88 hours.
    have you checked the charger?

Quote Originally Posted by MARK_LEGG View Post
    have you checked the charger?
    I have not checked the charger, nor did I consider that. Most of the stuff I had read complained about higher RPM/lower speed and rough acceleration.

Is there an easy way to check the charger? It's still in the water and I don't have a hoist. If it is the charger, ughh, I live 8 miles from the boat launch.

Anyone know a reputable mechanic in the Seattle area?

You remove the tube from the middle of the charger (big rubber tube) that connects to the air intake.put your hand inside and see if you can move the charger wheel,if you can that is most likely your prob.

Quote Originally Posted by MARK_LEGG View Post
    You remove the tube from the middle of the charger (big rubber tube) that connects to the air intake.put your hand inside and see if you can move the charger wheel,if you can that is most likely your prob.
    So it would seem to me like that if that is the case, that it would be bad to drive it any further right?

so it would seem to me like that if that is the case, that it would be bad to drive it any further right?
    do you have meatal washers? If you do then you should be able to make it home,just do it nice an easy,easy on throttle and stay around 4500 5000.seeing as you are not trowing codes,or getting any high temps,if it was me i would ride gently home.only if i had metal washers tho.....plus just check your tube from the charger outlet,for splits or loose.if you can start the ski with your hand on the charger out let tube,sqeeze the tube tight as you rev it should force your hand open,if it doesent,it points to the charger again

+1

Sound like supercharger clutch failure.

So it would seem to me like that if that is the case, that it would be bad to drive it any further right?
    I wouln'd ride it untill you check your supercharger for clutch washer failure.

Be sure to read this. >> http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=19887

+1

Anyone know a reputable mechanic in the Seattle area?
    Yeah, ME! I'll help you... I'll send a pm

Quote Originally Posted by craigo View Post
    i wouln'd ride it untill you check your supercharger for clutch washer failure.

Be sure to read this. >> http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=19887
    if he has ceramics thats a worry,but with metal washers i had the same prob and got home ok,4miles away from my launch on sea.not ideal,but i was carefull......think hes in a jam where he is,and alot depends on ceramics or not i guess

Quote Originally Posted by Craigo View Post
    Yeah, ME! I'll help you... I'll send a pm
    sorted....good luck guys

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information