Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    +1

Smile Greenhulk Moderators race @ Long Beach Sprints

The results from Saturdays two heats at the Long Beach sprints had Greenhulks own moderators running head to head GPR vs RXP with InSandiego-RXP finishing fourth in the first heat and Hydrotoys brining in an impressive last place finish. Mark suspected he was ingesting water and made the necessary adjustments prior to the second heat. Second heat results had InSandiego-RXP finishing Third and HydroToys once again bringing up the rear of the pack. Mark then went to work only to discover he had a pin come loose from a power valve and was flooding the motor with exhaust this has been remedied and he plans on spanking the RXPpig tomorrow in the two heats.
    I did not arrive in time to see the races but I did get some pictures in the pits. Follmer had a really sweet looking 06 GPR must be nice to be sponsored.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PWC 081.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	709.6 KB 
ID:	6771   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PWC 080.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	684.3 KB 
ID:	6772   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PWC 078.jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	683.9 KB 
ID:	6773  
    Last edited by OsideBill; 08-13-2006 at 07:18 PM.

+1
    Oside, it was great to meet you. Good luck with the new toy.

Just getting back into reality today. Headed to work tonight. blah.

Saturday, the gpr felt great. Pre-race I tuned in the carbs pretty close, and was ready to go. On the start of the "Lemans style" race off the beach, the GPR jumped out to 4th and was hauling in traffic toward the first bouy...then sat down hard on it's face. Blaaaaaaah, it just sat there sucking RXP ass as everything went south. I pulled the seat looking for something easy and nothing came to mind. It would run like dog for about half a lap, and then LEAP to life, and start reeling in anything and everything... then about the time I'd get within someones spray, it was go back into limp mode, rattling around like crazy.
    Between races, I was duct taping off air intakes, dielectric grease on wires. looking at jetting, re-doing water fittings... Same results as race one. I found the new plug on the side of PTO cylinder had blown off the gas valve, and had been blowing fumes in there... Maybe that was it? We repaired it, and she sounded strong on the trailer...

Yesterdays results were marginally better. Race three, the gpr again just started dying... so nothing was fixed during all that work. I did however, notice that the wires were cracking...and this problem only happens when SALT water was spraying on the wires... Talked to Mike Follmer about it and he graciously set me up with a set of new MSD wires to replace mine. In race 4 the gpr did good...but was way rich on 2 and 3, and layed down a little in the rough (200rpms) and would come alive during straight away speeds. It was no where near top running, but at least it wasn't a POS during the last race. Cornering was more than I could hold on to at that point. Joe was beat-dog tired at that point even worse, and had 3rd overall wrapped up for the weekend by that point so even if I did finish ahead of him in that last race, it didn't mean much of anything.

My thanks goes out to all the racers (especially Joe, and our pit crew) who endured my raging tirades while working the gremlins ouf the GPR during the weekend.

Lots, and lots, and lots, and lots of pictures to follow...but it could be a couple of days.

+1
    It was an honor to be racing the same course as Hydrotoys. The man just never gives up. There was no way to run him down in the last race. My arms and legs had no strength left. I tried diving into a bouy tight and damn near came off. Thats when I decided the rxp and myself had had enough.Mark I applaud your effort and the fact that you endured to the finish. Thats what it is really about anyway isnt it?

+1

+1
    Mark and Joe it was great to meet both of you. I wish I would have been able to get there earlier and watch you both race. I took the ski out Sunday morning and hit the Lake the bad news is the "Hydrotoys slow lake boat" is now the fastest boat in my fleet. I will take it out on my next two trips I have planned for the end of the season and then it goes into project mode.
    Mark thanks for dragging it along with you.

OsideBill

+1

Wink

Damn!!! That is a nice looking GPR in the bottom pic!!

That is one hell of a ski! Crazy seat on that too.

+1
    Here is his other one. They are Mike Follmers this one is a tripple piper same seat mod reminds me of a cafe racer. also check out the carbon fiber grab handle Hydrotoys has one of these installed also.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PWC 079.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	621.8 KB 
ID:	6788  

+1
    Bill, did you remove the gay glod bars yet? Remember your promise! That will be one hell of a big bore project. Cant wait to hear about your progress.

+1
    I have a set of Renthal bars on my GP I am not sure yet if I can swap them I have UMI steering on the GP I believe the gold ones are larger diameter if I can't swap I will get another set im thinking yellow. I do like the single bar better than the ones with the crossbar. I have allready begun to collect parts for the upgrade I will pull it down in the winter and go through and replace hull inserts and clean and paint the bilge plug holes etc. I am looking for Gas Valves now I have purchased an advent with single pipe curves and when the motor comes out it will go to either lowell or groupK I have not decided yet. I want it to be reliable max speed is not my ultimate goal. fast reliable and pump gas safe is what I am after. I am considering a paint job also, something along the line of Johnny5's old race ski Light Blue with yellow graphics good Swedish colors for my wife.

Great to meet you Saturday and congrats on the third place finish! how did it turn out overall who took first, second etc.

OsideBill

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information