Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Angry 03 gtx mod ???? Help

I recently got me a 03 GTX SC. I added to it a
    13/20r riva impeler,
    2.5 wedge,
    new wear ring
    Top-Loader Intake Grate.

I was thinking the ski should do better than factory. But i guess i was wrong its slower it down to 58mph on gps @ 6800. then someone told me to use a diffrent propeller that so i change it again for a 12/20 and guess what it did worst 55mpg on gps @ 6700rpm.

I am schedule to get the SC rebuild this week. Will this help on the RPM

any suggestions on witch impeller to keep i did like the riva 13/20r it feels more aggressive coming out the hole but i can be wrong so please help i don't want to keep putting money to the ski so i go slower the idea of putting $$ is to go faster..

Water conditions where the same both times i test ride the ski since is on a fresh water canal.

Please Help..
    r7,600RPM

any suggestions?? anyone

+1
    You have embarked on a fun project. You have taken the first few steps--all you have done is correct--the prop--the wedge--the grate.etc. However--to make this all work--you need to get some cool outside air into your supercharger. Several ways to do this. The best way is to use the Riva rear air kit for a RXP. You can also use Kanaflex hose all the way to front. As you stated be sure the slip monent is set correctly on your supercharger and that you have steel washers in it. If this work needs to be done to your supercharger--then it would be best to upgrade the wheel--or better yet because of cost to do this--just purchase a new X charger for about the same amount of money. Again--if you get cool outside air to your properly functioning supercharger--the 13/20 is the correct prop. Read my signature for further information. Good luck.

FZS-T
    in my opinion i believe the prop you have it too tall for the minimal mods you have you should have gone with a 14/17r you must bring the rpms back up

FZS-T
    Quote Originally Posted by Sundance View Post
    You have embarked on a fun project. You have taken the first few steps--all you have done is correct--the prop--the wedge--the grate.etc. However--to make this all work--you need to get some cool outside air into your supercharger. Several ways to do this. The best way is to use the Riva rear air kit for a RXP. You can also use Kanaflex hose all the way to front. As you stated be sure the slip monent is set correctly on your supercharger and that you have steel washers in it. If this work needs to be done to your supercharger--then it would be best to upgrade the wheel--or better yet because of cost to do this--just purchase a new X charger for about the same amount of money. Again--if you get cool outside air to your properly functioning supercharger--the 13/20 is the correct prop. Read my signature for further information. Good luck.
    Well you also have to remember stock internal axnd SC gear on the 185Hp are different than the 215HP SC Going with an X charger and stock internal (Cast Pistons) not such a good idea!..just my .02 cents i've been that route before that's why i bought an RXT

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by EGGonz View Post
    in my opinion i believe the prop you have it too tall for the minimal mods you have you should have gone with a 14/17r you must bring the rpms back up
    I don't think there are any other options for the 185HP besides the 2 props he has. He'll have to add more power or de-pitch the prop.

See where the supercharger re-build lands you, then consider upgrading the air intake, supercharger, and intercooler.

Start at the beginning. IF you dont want to spend $ then your doing the wrong things. Mod a Boat and you start down an expensive trail. Riva and R&D make a bunch selling kits you bolt on and go faster UP TO 3MPH or UP 5mph... Not all things work on all boats and its not unusual to go slower. You need to start with one part at a time and test Test Test. The exception is with the grate and Impeller as they work together. Who makes the TOP LOADER GRATE. All Grates and Impellers aren't the same even from the same maker. You need to pick a Impeller and Tweek it to work with the intake or just go back to stock with stock grate. As They say if you cant play with the "Big Dogs" Stay on the porch.. You dont just bolt on crap and have a fast Boat even though they would like you to believe you do. I would take off the grate and go back to stock intake and The Riva 13/20 and if your RPM aint near the top repitch the impeller till it is. IMO its better than throwing money at it and make it Blow up. The Top loader is only needed if you ride in lots of chop and a 3 seater doesnt unload the pump as easy as say an RXP. A top loader will rob speed and put a lot of load on your pump intake. I ran the Solas before Riva Did Seadoos and Stock intake and got 63 without the Wedge and Toploader Grate. With an nice Hole shot

FYI not that i cant trow some $$$ in it but i like to see results i have a 08 RXT this is just my backup ski but i Expected witch i guess i was wrong that when you put $$$ to gain a liittle more speed not put $$$ to lose speed.. that is all and that is why i am asking for help..

Thanks..

+1
    jcancel--I was only telling you what I have found to work on my 185 SC GTX. I dont agree with PEST--especially about the intake grate. I ride only in smooth water and I gained speed adding the Riva top loader grate. I dont know what PEST's results are with his 185 HP GTX. Maybe he can chime back in with what he did to his and the results. I never tweek a prop--I tweek the boat to the prop by using (venturi rings-engine temp-air intake location-etc). The boat has an excellent hole shot. Yes--this boat has cast pistons and so far they have lasted 113 hours. Also I did not spend much money on this project. I bought all the parts used here on GH web site. Also you dont need an intercooler to go over 70 MPH.

Quote Originally Posted by PEST! View Post
    Start at the beginning. IF you dont want to spend $ then your doing the wrong things. Mod a Boat and you start down an expensive trail. Riva and R&D make a bunch selling kits you bolt on and go faster UP TO 3MPH or UP 5mph... Not all things work on all boats and its not unusual to go slower. You need to start with one part at a time and test Test Test. The exception is with the grate and Impeller as they work together. Who makes the TOP LOADER GRATE. All Grates and Impellers aren't the same even from the same maker. You need to pick a Impeller and Tweek it to work with the intake or just go back to stock with stock grate. As They say if you cant play with the "Big Dogs" Stay on the porch.. You dont just bolt on crap and have a fast Boat even though they would like you to believe you do. I would take off the grate and go back to stock intake and The Riva 13/20 and if your RPM aint near the top repitch the impeller till it is. IMO its better than throwing money at it and make it Blow up. The Top loader is only needed if you ride in lots of chop and a 3 seater doesnt unload the pump as easy as say an RXP. A top loader will rob speed and put a lot of load on your pump intake. I ran the Solas before Riva Did Seadoos and Stock intake and got 63 without the Wedge and Toploader Grate. With an nice Hole shot

Thanks Sundance for ur advice that what i was asking arround to get diffrent opinions on what it works and what not

not to get on a debate of $$$.

Thanks for all the adviced

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information