Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

04 FX HO wear ring choices

Just recently installed a new grate and ppk (Riva) and a Riva filter/ R&D stacks and I am hitting the limiter now on launch. Looking at the oem liner and prop, seems to be a few gaps and possibly may have the swelling issue, no touchdown that I see as of yet.
    Wondering if anyone has any pros/cons regarding the housings from SBT with plastic ring vs the Riva stainless. Sure is one hell of a price difference, just not sure. Wondering if the Riva is worth the extra money vs being able to change the plastic liner in the SBT one?
    Will probably go with the Solas prop (YG-DF-14/20) with either of the above.
    Any thoughts would be much appreciated!

+1
    The RIVA ones are pricey but good.

The newer OEM ones are thicker. I ended up with two extras. If you would like one looking to get 125 for it.

Thanks for the offer! Just not sure I want to go with OEM, I do ride in salt occasionally. Did they change the part # for that thicker unit? Got any pics of the new part. Also noticed SBT has a pump rebuild kit as well with bearings and seals. Decisions, decisions .....

cheatin' piston popper addicted's Avatar
    +1
    newer oem units have MUCH thicker stainless, but still bubble up. would happen in any water. stainless and aluminum dont like each other and corrode over time. stainless lasts longer, especially when dealing with alot of power, but plastic is cheaper to replace once you have the right housing.

Quote Originally Posted by addicted View Post
    newer oem units have MUCH thicker stainless, but still bubble up. would happen in any water. stainless and aluminum dont like each other and corrode over time. stainless lasts longer, especially when dealing with alot of power, but plastic is cheaper to replace once you have the right housing.
    Totally agree, just got to get off my can and make a decision. Just how much better is a Riva one compared to oem and SBT liners. Would hate to drop a Solas impeller in and lose it in however many hours if it happened to swell.

+1 and plastic wont shave off the ends of your Blades.
    Did you seal up your pump shoe. That air that gets trapped in the sho can cause that issue

Quote Originally Posted by PEST! View Post
    +1 and plastic wont shave off the ends of your Blades.
    Did you seal up your pump shoe. That air that gets trapped in the sho can cause that issue
    I did, I rechecked to make sure. Installed ppk and sealed shoe all the way around (tunnel). I actually had a piece of the felt rip, pressed back in with some 4200 then 4200 all across the top of the felt etc like Riva shows. The bike was close to hitting the limiter before I did the ppk, grate, Riva filter and R&D stacks. Just figured the filter and stacks were giving me a little extra punch.

Noticed that island racing also has the plastic liners for yamaha. I assume these are probably from SBT. I guess it pretty much boils down to how much do I really trust an SBT product. I have heard some stories....

cheatin' piston popper addicted's Avatar
    +1
    island gets their stuff from hot products. definately not sbt. BTW, the riva liner is a solid block of SS as far as I know, so it will never swell.

island gets their stuff from hot products. definately not sbt. BTW, the riva liner is a solid block of SS as far as I know, so it will never swell.
    Thanks for the correction on that! I was wondering the same thing on the stainless liner from Riva, will have to check up on this. May check with Jerry or Riva, sure would make the decision very easy for sure, even on my tank!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information