Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Nonstop, all day, everyday. 01xdime's Avatar
    +1

Am i riding a time bomb?

I'm starting to wonder if i should stop putting money into mods for my 03 GTX SC and start saving for a SCIC engine. I was about to get the RR ecu and fuel pressure regulator but having those cast pistons made me think twice. I have almost 200 hours on the ski and i've watched a ski identical to mine go up in smoke with less hours due to a cracked piston. Just how far can you push the cast pistons before you're running on borrowed time?

That's a good question , I am in the same boat as you . I do have RR ECU and intercooler . The ECU was the best bang for the buck I spent so far. I want to do RR SC wheel but I know that is way to much boost for cast pistons . Over the winter I think the motor is coming out and getting a overhaul. Hopefully it lasts til then.

+1
    what were your speeds before and after the ECU?

01X: I`m running the 2005 RXT/RXP ECU in MY GTX SC to get the extra fuel and RPM`s, and I have cast pistons. If you intend on revving more than that I would reccomend the forged or JE pistons. I don`t cruise for more than a few minutes at WOT just to blast up to speed sometimes, but mostly always cruise below the rev limit @ around 6000-6500.
    I`m also using the RXT fuel pressure regulator with the Riva wheel and the IC, see sig...

anyways if you max out your R`s all the time and continually thrash on the ski, I would say it is just a matter of time...

I`m just hoping that my SC will last the season, until I can get those metal washers from Jerry in the SC...I think that (ceramics will fail before the cast pistons...PR...

+1
    I would say i'm pretty hard on my ski within reason. I ride in some seriously rough conditions and do a lot of on off throttle. i also do a decent amount of long WOT runs in the glass but i'm safely under the rev limiter. Other than losing the stock SC clutch she runs like a top. i was out today and it feels faster than when i did my 65 mph gps run. I'm seriously in desperate need of an aluminum pump though. I'm just wondering what step to take next. i may end up getting rid of it altogether for a new ski. At the same time i'd like to keep it because it's almost paid off and there's nothing wrong with it just things that worry me.

Before I was 62-63 real world conditions After 65-66 , the intercooler gave me about 1mph . In perfect conditions I have seen 1.5-2mph more both before and after . I have about 50 hrs. with the ECU and I ride like you on , off a lot and long WOT runs and it is still running strong , but with the prop I have in there (13/20r) I am only turning 7650-7700 rpm. I did see 8000? with a tweaked stock prop and a best 69.2mph but it was a dog out of the hole and spun real bad. I know how you feel about putting money into it , but at this point I have to much into it to go back now.

+1
    I'm pretty pleased with my 14/17, i think there's enough pitch left to change with a few power mods. i really need to look into something soon. I'm getting bored with my current speeds. Not to mention i'm not much more than stock. LOL

Got the same model, year, and color as you 01xdime. I wish I'd never found the internet. Ignorance is bliss. Now every time I go out, I get scared to go far from the dock (but I do).

+1
    Tick-tick-tick....

K-A--B-O-O-M

+1
    never scared really, i just don't want to be without my ski , i need my fix. if i had to i would just get an 06 or 07. i'm trying to avoid that since mine is almost paid off.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information