Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

todays ski's are boring

As fast as todays jet ski's are i'm getting bored of them. They just don't have the same fun factor that they used too. I remember riding my old waverunner 500, waverunner lx and waverunner. And they were FUN. Slow yes but fun. Today they are fast, but its just not as fun.

Surely I'm not the only one who thinks this.

Anyway, this got me thinking about if i could possibly combine the speed of today with the fun of yesteryear.

I'd like to see if its possible to fit one of todays engines in a old ski. Like a 1200 engine in a waverunner lx or waverunner 3 (i know they have fitted these engines in blaster 1 and 2).

Surely Im not the only person who has wanted to do this. So I was wondering whether anyone has seen these done and if there is any info or photos of them.

Thanks

+1
    Yeah...I can't agree more. The new skis are tanks...barges....on the water. Sure they run big numbers...but it's about all they are good for. I picked up a new 05 GP1300R which at that time was the main peformance craft from Yamaha. I put a Riva Stage II kit on it and sure it would run 73mph....but was borning. I found myself sitting in the middle of the lake waiting to ride my blaster while I and a friend were riding. Needless to say..I sold the 1300 within 8 months of buying it...and have now went back to OLD SCHOOL toyz

M

Whats that whistling noise? jtskier11's Avatar
    +1
    They just get bigger and bigger. Slowly becoming boats. Newer they get........ The more money it takes to do anything with them anyway.

+1
    Yup...shame...although the 05 RXP we had was fun...had enough bottom end power it was fun. It was 10 times more fun then the GP1300R was. We got both within a month of each other. I think the RXP was the most fun "Big" ski we've had. I would love trying out an RXP -X

M

Quote Originally Posted by jtskier11 View Post
    They just get bigger and bigger. Slowly becoming boats. Newer they get........ The more money it takes to do anything with them anyway.
    I agree they're more boats now than the skis they used to be. And that's fine, it just depends on how you like to ride. Someone needs to come out with a convertible where you can remove part of the hull or something.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Mpeavler View Post
    Yup...shame...although the 05 RXP we had was fun...had enough bottom end power it was fun. It was 10 times more fun then the GP1300R was. We got both within a month of each other. I think the RXP was the most fun "Big" ski we've had. I would love trying out an RXP -X

M
    Now your talking. This ski is a blast to ride. I catch myself grinning from ear to ear. Very playful and will pop right out of the water with ease. As for fun, I put it right up there with the Ultra 150. Lots of power and that hold on to your ass feeling.

+1
    Yeah...problem is...nobody around here has a "X" that is willing to let me try it out before buying one =0(

Here come the smokers! OBXJeepGuy's Avatar
    You guys aren't kidding! I was at a Honda dealer the other day dropping a bike off for a customer. I saw the new F-15, or whatever they call it in person. That damn thing is BIGGER than an SUV1200 by a LONG shot! What the Hell can I do with that?

+1
    Shame....remember the old days with the

96 Xp's, HX
    94-95-96 Raiders, Blasters
    97-98-99 GP1200 and 760's

Those days where the skis were so much fun vs the skis of today. Don't get me wrong...the new skis are making killer power...but are in a BOAT of a ski....not the light, nimble..skis of those days. Families wanting boats should buy boats..and they should keep the skis light nimble and playful

m

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Mpeavler View Post
    I think the RXP was the most fun "Big" ski we've had. I would love trying out an RXP -X
    Quote Originally Posted by KirkF350 View Post
    Now your talking. This ski is a blast to ride. I catch myself grinning from ear to ear. Very playful and will pop right out of the water with ease. Lots of power and that hold on to your ass feeling.
    I was just about to post this. The RXP is nice but riding an RXP-X will make you throw rocks at a stock RXP. My RXP-X is the funnest ski I've ever ridden since I got on one in '94. Slap $500 worth of parts on it and it does 75 MPH in darn near stock form, but it also has so much power you can throw it around like a much smaller ski. I just find myself laughing every time I ride it.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information