Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    La Porte Tx
    Posts
    189

    RXT iS Floating Deck Removal

    Has anyone taken the moving deck off an RXT iS ? In the manual there are some bolts that are to be disposed of and replaced with new ones why? I had my 10 hr service check and want to do some mods. The deck extension or engine cover also needs to be removed to get to the engine.

    Any help or tips would be appreciated.

    Later, Ken


  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken IS255 View Post
    Has anyone taken the moving deck off an RXT iS ? In the manual there are some bolts that are to be disposed of and replaced with new ones why? I had my 10 hr service check and want to do some mods. The deck extension or engine cover also needs to be removed to get to the engine.

    Any help or tips would be appreciated.

    Later, Ken

    Ken, I just ordered the shop book last week and have not recieved it yet! What bolts are you concerned with? I was told that it helps to have someone help you take off the moving deck due to weight?

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    La Porte Tx
    Posts
    189
    Muddy I've got the Midwest Manuals for it now and a lift. I'm a fairly competent mechanic but the RXT iS will be a lot harder to work because of all the stuff you have to take apart and disconnect to get to the engine. The air intake is crazy as it goes out the SC, 90's up, 90's over the top of the motor to flat space, 90's down, 90's forward and then 90's up.

  4. #4
    2Blue's BFF! dsolie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Olympia, WA
    Posts
    832
    +1
    1
    SD just had to prove the old adage wrong.. you CAN put 10lbs of crap in a 5lb bag...

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken IS255 View Post
    Muddy I've got the Midwest Manuals for it now and a lift. I'm a fairly competent mechanic but the RXT iS will be a lot harder to work because of all the stuff you have to take apart and disconnect to get to the engine. The air intake is crazy as it goes out the SC, 90's up, 90's over the top of the motor to flat space, 90's down, 90's forward and then 90's up.
    WOW! Hats off for going after some mods! This is going to get interesting! Five 90's? I should get my shop book in this week! Can't wait to see how this comes apart!

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    La Porte Tx
    Posts
    189
    Muddy, right now I'm working 7-12's for about three more weeks. After that I'll work on it and take pic's of the deck off and the engine compartment in the hull. I put the intake diagram in my other post.

    Later, ken

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken IS255 View Post
    Muddy, right now I'm working 7-12's for about three more weeks. After that I'll work on it and take pic's of the deck off and the engine compartment in the hull. I put the intake diagram in my other post.

    Later, ken

    Can't wait to see some results!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. 2009 RXT IS 255 oil radiator/cooler removal.
    By Tort in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-03-2016, 08:54 PM
  2. 2012 RXT IS 260 - Airbox access/removal
    By deignan14 in forum Sea Doo How To & FAQs
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-23-2014, 12:09 PM
  3. 2011 rxt 260is deck removal
    By dmp8810 in forum Sea Doo How To & FAQs
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-29-2013, 09:02 PM
  4. Seadoo RXT X 260 As 2012 model moving deck removal
    By stevea99 in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 10-25-2013, 07:47 PM
  5. RXT-IS 260 Pump Bolt removal?
    By confused256 in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-15-2012, 04:18 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •