RXT iS Floating Deck Removal

Has anyone taken the moving deck off an RXT iS ? In the manual there are some bolts that are to be disposed of and replaced with new ones why? I had my 10 hr service check and want to do some mods. The deck extension or engine cover also needs to be removed to get to the engine.

Any help or tips would be appreciated.

Later, Ken

Quote Originally Posted by Ken IS255 View Post
    Has anyone taken the moving deck off an RXT iS ? In the manual there are some bolts that are to be disposed of and replaced with new ones why? I had my 10 hr service check and want to do some mods. The deck extension or engine cover also needs to be removed to get to the engine.

Any help or tips would be appreciated.

Later, Ken

Ken, I just ordered the shop book last week and have not recieved it yet! What bolts are you concerned with? I was told that it helps to have someone help you take off the moving deck due to weight?

Muddy I've got the Midwest Manuals for it now and a lift. I'm a fairly competent mechanic but the RXT iS will be a lot harder to work because of all the stuff you have to take apart and disconnect to get to the engine. The air intake is crazy as it goes out the SC, 90's up, 90's over the top of the motor to flat space, 90's down, 90's forward and then 90's up.

+1
    SD just had to prove the old adage wrong.. you CAN put 10lbs of crap in a 5lb bag...

Muddy I've got the Midwest Manuals for it now and a lift. I'm a fairly competent mechanic but the RXT iS will be a lot harder to work because of all the stuff you have to take apart and disconnect to get to the engine. The air intake is crazy as it goes out the SC, 90's up, 90's over the top of the motor to flat space, 90's down, 90's forward and then 90's up.
    WOW! Hats off for going after some mods! This is going to get interesting! Five 90's? I should get my shop book in this week! Can't wait to see how this comes apart!

Muddy, right now I'm working 7-12's for about three more weeks. After that I'll work on it and take pic's of the deck off and the engine compartment in the hull. I put the intake diagram in my other post.

Later, ken

Muddy, right now I'm working 7-12's for about three more weeks. After that I'll work on it and take pic's of the deck off and the engine compartment in the hull. I put the intake diagram in my other post.

Later, ken

Can't wait to see some results!

Thread Information