+1

fuse cover fell off...

found on friends ski after riding that the fuse cover had fallen off, fuses were exposed for at least a few hours of riding, probably got some water splashed on them at some point. we ride in the ocean so its salty
    as soon as we saw it, we sprayed the fuses and fuse box with 3/4 can of CRC electrical connection cleaner and let dry with seats off and in bright sunshine.
    does the fuse box have drains underneath to allow excess water or CRC to drain out?
    anything else we should do to clean it properly? pull box out, pull fuses or wires?? feels like wires come right out of back of box, no way to disassemble??
    or does a thorough rinse with crc cleaner take care of it?
    of course we will put the cover back on before next ride, BTW stupid dealer must have not put it on properly after recent starter solenoid problems...grrrrr

+1
    RXTX btw

Yea it must have been the Dealer that took off the fuse cover to repair a starter Solenoid..
    I had a nice Wake board edition with a fuse cover removed by the customer come in with Dead engine several fuses were blown to the Injectors. I dried it out as much as I could and sprayed with protectant. It came back a couple of weeks later with bad bad electrical problems. There are several circuit jumpers and assorted crap under the same cover. All were badly corroded. My experiance is telling me if you dont wash the Salt off with fresh water first all the oil and silacone or even grease wont keep it from corroding. I have seen it with engines and parts of engines and now Fuse boxes. We had to replace the harness and fuse box to fix it. Most of the jumper terminals were ruined and cant be changed... Hope you can wash the salt off before it does some real damage. Use Joy dish washing soap to get the WD or what ever off and rince it well. With the battery off and air blow it dry then spray contac oil on it and this time put the cover on your self and make sure it burps and clicks

+1
    hmmmm, we never touched the fuse box, ever. dealer has had ski several times for various problems, most recent was starter solenoid, twice????
    it doesnt seem like a part that just magically pops off does it????
    so if we never touched it, then probably Azzclown mechanics at the crap dealership blew a fuse or two workin on it, had to replace them, and didnt put cover back on tight?? maybe just maybe thats how it went???
    everything this ski needs is done by the dealer, oil changes, winterizatons, 100 hr SC rebuild, all we do is ride it, and basic maintenance, flush rinse dry lube check hose clamps look for loose parts etc. thats how we found the fuse box cover missing, we have been maintaining skis for 15 yrs(me) 10 yrs (friend)
    i do most of the work on my own skis for many yrs now, friend uses dealership for everything cuz of warranty issue.
    only thing we know for sure is we have never touched the fuse box, ever. until now.
    warranty is good for 2 more years, if electrical system goes haywire i am sure same said shoddy stealership wil be happy to start swapping parts at bombardiers expense.
    can you tell "I" love this dealership???
    my 2 seadoos , and the 2 seadoos i had before, dont EVER go there, however since my freind bought his ski there, and has a 4 yr warranty, his ski is going there for the warranty period. dealership has a lock on business, next closest is almost an hour away.
    we did wash the part down with fresh water, then CRC it. now its dry.
    if it goes bad i will "suggest" they start with the fuse block when they start swapping in random electrical parts, since they have no clue how to fix anything, and typically do more damage than they repair.

+1
    i know the burp and click, same as old black boxes in my SPX and GSX or the VTS covers...
    i guess the kids workin at the dealership havent got the complicated snaps on seadoos figured out yet.
    OR
    magically it came unsnapped all by itself, for the first time ever, this very well designed, removable, locking and sealing, cover, just fell off.
    btw, clips arent broken either.

Thats funny Since its under warranty I would still do all you can to prevent a return to them . The shop I work at has refused warranty work on corroded parts and with good reason to them Seadoo doesn't pay them when its considers it abuse or neglect. I know he said she said but the bottom line is if there is no issue you wont have to fight that battle.. I hope you understand what I mean. Its much easier when there is no conflict Bob

+1
    i know, rather not have to deal with electrical gremlins, they are the worst, no even gettin into he said she said, cuz they will never admit to removing cover, and of course we cant prove anything.
    if it comes to it, just going to play dumb and drop ski off. with 2 skis purchased and 2 warranties and all work done thru them, the dealership hopefully rememebers all that when it comes time to warranty parts.

Thread Information