Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Question New engie on my 15f

I have a 2005 15f and i just droped a 2006 15f engine on it that came off my friends ski that had only 36 hours.. My question is how can i change my hours on the meter, the reason why is bcuz i'm trying to sell it and i know the hours on the meter will be a big concern for some people, but the actual engine had 36 hours when we placed it on my ski..

The machine still has the hours on the hull and pump etc so why make false claims. The engine is but one wear component.

+1
    I am sure there is way to do it, but it is not the right thing to do. The hours are the hours on the ski, not just the engine. When you replace the engine in a car, you do not roll back the miles to what the engine has on. Why would you roll back the hours on your ski?

If you fully disclose what has been done there should be no problems with potential buyers, when you start being shady and resetting hours thats cause for concern...

Youll get yourself in alot of hot water doing this.

If you have ever took it to a dealer with over 36 hrs then Kawi knows it. If your boat shows up with a new owner and huge drop in hrs then your looking at charges for Odometer Tampering.

Just be honest with the potential buyer.

Another thought, what was your buddy thinking just giving you his almost perfect engine out of his newer ski?

If your determined at getting yourself in trouble or making a "dirty sale" then youll need to buy and install this item.

SKU: 25031-3754
    METER-ASSY,MILE&KM
    $663.31

Thumbs up

at noooo time in my mind i was planning to give out false information but the reason why i asked the question was bcuz the person that wants to buy it wanted me to find out that information, BELEAVE IT OR NOT HE SAID THAT HE IS WILLING TO BUY THE SKI IF I CAN BUY HIM A NEW METER WITH LOWER HOURS" WHICH DOESN'T EVEN MAKE ANY SENSE TO ME EITHER.... BUT THANKS ALL YOU GUYS FOR THE ADVICES......

Whats with the caps.

You stated that YOU wanted to alter the Odometer. You didn't say nothing of a buyer pending. In fact you said
    "My question is how can i change my hours on the meter, the reason why is bcuz i'm trying to sell it and i know the hours on the meter will be a big concern for some people"
    If your buyer is so concerned about altering the hours then let him burn himself. Get a signed bill of sale stating the correct hours, then your covered legally.

Ok i'm sorry maybe i expressed my question the wrong way, by anyways thanks for everything i really appreciate all the advices.... i guess i'm gonna laid him out all you guys have told me and if he wants it he can take it if not i guess oh well maybe next time anyways i'm giving it to him at a real good price all the work was done by proffesionals and the ski is running like never before ....

+1
    what your wanting to do is a federal offense, you might want to rethink doing that ... somewhere like 15 to 25 years in prison yeah the federal big house .. no good time no parole either and a fine that goes way past the moon.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Skips313 View Post
    Whats with the caps.

You stated that YOU wanted to alter the Odometer. You didn't say nothing of a buyer pending. In fact you said

If your buyer is so concerned about altering the hours then let him burn himself. Get a signed bill of sale stating the correct hours, then your covered legally.
    Hey Skip .. good to see ya back around.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information