Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Trying to figure out exactly what happened here. broke steering. See pics

On Sunday we went out big wave riding. We were riding close to the beach so that we could hit the waves just before they broke and get liftoff.
    This proved to be foolish as the bottom was rocky and we were in apprx 2ft of water. Eventually, the inevitable happened. I bottomed out and cracked my steering nozzle

this obviously is a minor fix. Ive got a stock nozzle on the way from ebay for $25.
    What has me somewhat confused is that the steering cable also bent and snapped just below the handlebars.

Im not exactly sure how it happened. After it happened, I had no steering and knew something was up.

My question is, more importantly, what piece actually gets replaced here? Jerry's diagram in the online store looks confusing. I assumed that it was the cable itself and that it was all one piece. In the diagram, it appears there is a series of small parts that make up that section of the cable.

http://partsfinder.onlinemicrofiche....e=13&A=35&B=20

sooo.. which part needs replacing according to that diagram?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by twelvesorbetter View Post
    On Sunday we went out big wave riding. We were riding close to the beach so that we could hit the waves just before they broke and get liftoff.
    This proved to be foolish as the bottom was rocky and we were in apprx 2ft of water. Eventually, the inevitable happened. I bottomed out and cracked my steering nozzle

this obviously is a minor fix. Ive got a stock nozzle on the way from ebay for $25.
    What has me somewhat confused is that the steering cable also bent and snapped just below the handlebars.

Im not exactly sure how it happened. After it happened, I had no steering and knew something was up.

My question is, more importantly, what piece actually gets replaced here? Jerry's diagram in the online store looks confusing. there is a series of small parts and im not sure which is actually broken. It looks like the cable itself.

http://partsfinder.onlinemicrofiche....e=13&A=35&B=20

LMK what you think.

looks like you need a cable to me.

Yes. I figured I would be replacing the entire cable and that it was all one piece so I went to the online store.
    looking at jerry's diagram, it looks like there are several pieces that make up that section of the cable.
    what is the number of the part in that diagram?

Warner Robins, GA Home of the 2007 All-Star Little League World Champions!
    You need a new cable. It will bust it if you break your VTS ring. Just get #39 if nothing else is broken on each end.

the cable snapped right at the connector where it meets the plastic part below the handlebars.

that little connector is a separate piece. I need the cable that goes from that point to wherever it connects to in the hull.

BUT I cant tell if its part #39 or #56 or #42 that actually snapped. Can you guys tell by looking at the pic I posted? Thats what im asking....

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by twelvesorbetter View Post
    what is the number of the part in that diagram?

the reason why I became confused is that when I look at the ski, I see #39, the cable, and #41, the connector.

I do not know what those four other pieces are in the diagram and I was having trouble determining if it was #39 or if it was one of those other small pieces.

you guys follow me?

+1
    been there done that....

that was the first thing i broke on my xp after getting it. hit a wave, jumped off as it started to do a backflip, ski went straight down pump first on to a sand bar. it would only go in circles. swam 1/2 mile back with it behind me, to find out i broke the ring at the bottom mounting bolt. that wasn't fun. luckly no other damage.

Work Harder, Millions on Wellfare Depend On Us! ultramaxracing05's Avatar
    +1
    i broke my trim elbow this past weekend jumping wakes. later i realized that why i was not getting a long rooster tail

ever hear of letting it idle and stearing with your body. Lot easier. another Reason I never ride surf alone. That and being pined on a sandbar with the ski on top. Need someone who know were the body is

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information