+1

had my first problem on the water today.

so im out riding the venture today, around the long island sound today, i have it pinned, and the overheat indicator comes on. so i shut it down, wait a while and start it up, no water out the pisser. so i think that just some crap has clogged up the pisser, and i need to blow it out with the compressor like last time. so i start it, drive slow for a while, shut it down to cool, to limp it back to the dock. well after a while of doing this, im like wtf the ski is sitting low in the water.

so i pop the seat cover off, and the hose that goes from the front of the motor, on the cylinder head to the exhaust has come off and its just spilling water into the ski. put the hose back on, by now there is a LOT of water in the ski, and it wouldnt start up again. finally get it started and get it back to shore, which was extremely hard to do, the nose was riding very high up in the air. so i put a new zip tie on, drain all the water, and take it back out, ran perfectly the rest of the day.

it definetly sucks when you think your going to sink out there! i thought that when i had put the hose back, the bilge would have cleared it out, but i guess it was just way too much water. i was scared the pump seal had gone, and it was taking water in this way too, since the level wasnt going down by driving it. i think it might be time for some versiplugs.

Quote Originally Posted by official_style View Post
    so im out riding the venture today, around the long island sound today, i have it pinned, and the overheat indicator comes on. so i shut it down, wait a while and start it up, no water out the pisser. so i think that just some crap has clogged up the pisser, and i need to blow it out with the compressor like last time. so i start it, drive slow for a while, shut it down to cool, to limp it back to the dock. well after a while of doing this, im like wtf the ski is sitting low in the water.

so i pop the seat cover off, and the hose that goes from the front of the motor, on the cylinder head to the exhaust has come off and its just spilling water into the ski. put the hose back on, by now there is a LOT of water in the ski, and it wouldnt start up again. finally get it started and get it back to shore, which was extremely hard to do, the nose was riding very high up in the air. so i put a new zip tie on, drain all the water, and take it back out, ran perfectly the rest of the day.

it definetly sucks when you think your going to sink out there! i thought that when i had put the hose back, the bilge would have cleared it out, but i guess it was just way too much water. i was scared the pump seal had gone, and it was taking water in this way too, since the level wasnt going down by driving it. i think it might be time for some versiplugs.
    ditch the stock bilge- epoxy the hole at the pump and get a rule or attwood 500gal i personally use an attwood auto bilge wired straight to battery

+1
    that definetly would have helped out today. what do u think the gph on the stock setup is? probably almost nothing im thinking

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by official_style View Post
    that definetly would have helped out today. what do u think the gph on the stock setup is? probably almost nothing im thinking
    Nothing get rid of it and do what The big man said, way better. But get the water Prof switch to turn the bilge on and off!Lee

+1
    use the other line off the pump for dual cooling when you have the aftermarket parts! prop milled head pipe.

I got a real nice bilge pump......very inexpensive to.....very effective.....keep a CUP in the bike and just bail when needed....

Here come the smokers! OBXJeepGuy's Avatar
    Even though it is crap, the factory setup STILL should have sucked most of the water out. You will probably find that it is clogged with crap.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by OBXJeepGuy View Post
    Even though it is crap, the factory setup STILL should have sucked most of the water out. You will probably find that it is clogged with crap.
    is it located behind the motor, or in the rear compartment where the silencer is? i kind of thought it should have sucked out more water than absolutly nothing.

+1
    it takes time and high speed to get a good draw

M

Here come the smokers! OBXJeepGuy's Avatar
    It is directly under the coupler assembly. up against the midwall. It works by venturi effect, so like Peavler said it takes high speed to get it to draw water out.

Thread Information