Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

+1

Ethanol free gasoline locations...Post OR locate a station

As I read more about the E10 (10% Ethanol content) gasoline, I become more interested in how to AVOID it. Especially in my PWC and Boat. When you take into consideration how readily the ethanol absorbs moisture (soon followed by phase seperation), the last thing you want is to have this stuff in your Marine engine. Personally I don't want it in anything NOT specifically designed for it. For me, that means everything I have with a gasoline engine. And, Nothing I own goes through a "tank" of gas within the suggested "shelf life" of E10 gasoline except my daily driven car. There are a handful of other threads on the board here discussing the effects of E10 gas... most of us aren't too thrilled with it cause once again the folks pushing the stuff didn't take the marine world into consideration. There are also lawsuits involving the lack of proper labeling at the pump. Whatever the case it would be nice to have a choice to buy the E10 gas or buy pure-gas. Most sites you go to that explain E10 will tell you that some gas stations have non-ethanol available. So the big question is......

WHERE CAN WE BUY NON-ETHANOL GAS or "PURE GAS"????

I stumbled across a new web site that I believe will help us if we contribute to it. The website is www.pure-gas.org. Thing is, right now it is new...brandy new! (Summer '09) and relies on us good folks to share/post locations on where we know non-ethanol gas is available. In my own area I am not sure where to get pure gas, much less if it is even available, but as I do find out I will post so that others will know where to go to have the choice.

You may not have issues with E10 gas now...maybe you never will, but it seems like more and more stations sell it due to tax incentives (more $$ for them) and though your watercraft may have been fine so far, this Winters' tank of fuel may be the culprit if you have problems in the Spring. So, if you know of a local gas station that sells pure gas (NON-Ethanol gas) take a moment to visit the www.pure-gas.org website and share that location so everyone can see where they have a choice.

And so you know in advance, the website has one single purpose, and that is "to list the gas stations in the U.S. and Canada that serve ethanol-free gasoline". No ads, nothing for sale, and no sponsors. It's creator just wants the database to grow! We can help it grow, and it, in return can help out all of us.

List the gas stations and their location that you know offer Ethanol-free gasoline at:

www.pure-gas.org

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Hmmm

In many areas, ethanol blending is determined by the distributor or retail brand, so all stations in that area under that brand would sell the same gasoline, with or without ethanol.

Listing every gasoline station seems like a LOT of work.

In my area, I know which brands don't have ethanol, and which grades of gasoline don't have ethanol.

Ethanol in gasoline - not good for Marine use, how to buy non-Ethanol gasoline

No good gas in Wisconsin anymore!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Daveski View Post
    No good gas in Wisconsin anymore!
    the only ones i know of in wi in my area are some selected shell stations

+1

Alternate Website

I don't know if this helps, but this website shows cheap gas by location:

http://gasbuddy.com/

I played on the site to my town and then clicked on the station for details, which also showed blends and such:

http://www.batonrougegasprices.com/m...sid=83587&ft=A

(Click on "Station Features" in the pop up box)

+1
    I would like to know what PURE-GAS is.

added one in Ala.

[quote=troyheb;1188128]I would like to know what PURE-GAS is.[/quote ethenol free

Quote Originally Posted by troyheb View Post
    I would like to know what PURE-GAS is.
    100% based on petroleum - good old fashioned oil from rotted dinosaurs...
    Ethanol is usually corn or soy turned into a fuel and mixed with traditional gas. They mix it with regular gas it to lower emissions.

In CT all automotive gas stations have swapped to E10. If I need real gas I get CAM2 racing fuel – it is 98% octane and doesn’t have any additives like Ethanol.

I hate putting it in the generator - but a lot cheaper than rebuilding carborators...

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by K447 View Post
    Hmmm

....Listing every gasoline station seems like a LOT of work....
    True...if only a couple of people were trying to accomplish the task. That's why if a single person from a city/county/town posts 1 or 2 stations that they know of, it will only take as much effort as drinking a glass of water. Not much work at all. Then if someone else in that same area is interested in ethanol free gas, they now have the means to quickly and easily find out. I wish someone knew of any in my area, but that's OK...I'll keep my eyes peeled and when/if I see one, I'll post it so others will know where to go!

Quote Originally Posted by gorilla03 View Post
    the only ones i know of in wi in my area are some selected shell stations
    Post Them!!

Quote Originally Posted by GTXX View Post
    added one in Ala.
    Cedar Bluff Quick Mart. Excellent. Cedar Bluff folks have a choice, and now they know WHERE they have that choice!

Quote Originally Posted by JR4 View Post
    100% based on petroleum - good old fashioned oil from rotted dinosaurs...
    Ethanol is usually corn or soy turned into a fuel and mixed with traditional gas. They mix it with regular gas it to lower emissions.

In CT all automotive gas stations have swapped to E10. If I need real gas I get CAM2 racing fuel – it is 98% octane and doesn’t have any additives like Ethanol.

I hate putting it in the generator - but a lot cheaper than rebuilding carborators...
    You said it JR! Every time I go to ride my 4-wheeler I have to drain the bowls to get the crap E10 gas out. 2-weeks and the gas in the bowls is BAD (during humid summer months). Same thing with the lawnmower...I have Centipede grass (southern folks know what it is). It grows thick, but not tall...which means I only have to mow every 2-3 weeks. It got to the point where If i'm not up and running in 3 pulls, I grab the 7/16" and pull the bowl...PITA I'll use the E10 for my daily driven car, but if the gas is going in my PWC, boat, or gas can...what's the point if it won't store for a while!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information