Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

Seadoo's new semi-synthetic oil...

I know the oil topic has been talked to death but i want to know what people think of the new oil? I just got a NEW 2008 rxp and im undecided witch oil im going to use in future oil changes to come. Im going to use either Amsoil or brp oil. I did a search but could only come up with i think or it may kind of answers. Im looking for real world info from people that have used these two brands of oil but the main one im researching is the new BRP oil. With all the oil issues with BRP in the passed im not sure if i can trust this new oil they have.

Whats that whistling noise? jtskier11's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by sportsterme View Post
    I know the oil topic has been talked to death but i want to know what people think of the new oil? I just got a NEW 2008 rxp and im undecided witch oil im going to use in future oil changes to come. Im going to use either Amsoil or brp oil. I did a search but could only come up with i think or it may kind of answers. Im looking for real world info from people that have used these two brands of oil but the main one im researching is the new BRP oil. With all the oil issues with BRP in the passed im not sure if i can trust this new oil they have.
    I bounced around from brand to brand to brand. Ended up going with the Valvoline motorcycle oil.

Nothin' better than Doo'in it! BigDaddyRXP's Avatar
    +1
    That "new" oil from BRP is the only oil they now offer for the 4-tecs. The mineral oil has been discontinued. For the cost of the oil and if your only going to change it when it's recommended I would go with the 10w-40 amsoil marine synthetic!

+1
    Ya in my sportster 4tec 155hp i just switched to amsoil due to only being able toget the brp semi syn oil now and wanted full sny oil as thats what it calls for in my 155hp. Has anyone hear of any ill affects of using the amsoil in the SC motors? my ski still has 0hr's and stock 2008 washers. Oh and im planning on changing it every 20-25hrs

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by sportsterme View Post
    Ya in my sportster 4tec 155hp i just switched to amsoil due to only being able toget the brp semi syn oil now and wanted full sny oil as thats what it calls for in my 155hp. Has anyone hear of any ill affects of using the amsoil in the SC motors? my ski still has 0hr's and stock 2008 washers. Oh and im planning on changing it every 20-25hrs
    I'm sure the Amsoil dude will show up soon and show you all of his charts IMO... if you are going to change your oil at 20 hr. intervals... I would not run synthetic as I feel it won't be beneficial. I change my oil every 15 hrs. and run castrol 4T 10w-40 mineral motorcycle oil.

Quote Originally Posted by bigdaddyRXP View Post
    if you are going to change your oil at 20 hr. intervals... I would not run synthetic as I feel it won't be beneficial. I change my oil every 15 hrs. and run castrol 4T 10w-40 mineral motorcycle oil.
    my thoughts exactly, I change my oil every 20-25 hrs and use Castrol 4T 10-40 as well. IMO people lose the benefits of using synthetic oil trying to get their money's worth out of it by not changing it soon enough when it becomes diluted with fuel.

+1
    I just switched to Shell Rotella, I run it in my diesel as well as my 2006 KTM 300xcw with a Rekluse auto clutch. Its actually what Rekluse recommends. I have it in my 2008 Duramax and in my 2004 Kawasaki ZRX1200R. I have had zero problems with this oil and its cheap and easy to find. Alot of my customers use it in their race cars, its a very good oil. I'll keep you posted as to how it performs in the ski. I do change the oil in my ski every 10hrs, and the filter about every three oil changes....

+1
    Im not concerned with the cost i just want to be 100% sure witch ever oil i use it wont affect the supercharger.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by vspec1 View Post
    I just switched to Shell Rotella, I run it in my diesel as well as my 2006 KTM 300xcw with a Rekluse auto clutch. Its actually what Rekluse recommends. I have it in my 2008 Duramax and in my 2004 Kawasaki ZRX1200R. I have had zero problems with this oil and its cheap and easy to find. Alot of my customers use it in their race cars, its a very good oil. I'll keep you posted as to how it performs in the ski. I do change the oil in my ski every 10hrs, and the filter about every three oil changes....
    That oil is primarily designed for heavy equipment diesel engines. I don't think thats a good choice for a ski... considering diesel engines have very low RPM's compared to a ski spinning at 8100+ RPM

There are alot of motorcycle forum members running the Rotella T Synthetic as it is JASO MA.........also the oil says on the bottle for diesel or gasoline engines.......I don't run it but many people have ran it with positive feedback in motorcycles with wet clutches

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information