Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

RRFPR users, something you might want to know

me being the curious f'r that I am, bought a stock fuel pressure regulator for cheap and cut it open to see what's inside. Turns out the top part of the regulator contains a pleated paper fuel filter. This is way more of a filter than the one on the bottom of the fuel pump and when replacing the stock regulator with the billet part that comes with the RRFPR set ups you're losing a lot of your fuel filtration. I have not heard of anyone having a problem doing this but thought I would share what I learned...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Rotax FPR 004.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	322.2 KB 
ID:	147637  

Nothin' better than Doo'in it! BigDaddyRXP's Avatar
    +1
    I was aware of that and a little concerned at first before replacing it. The lower filter is just really a strainer for larger contamination and the top filter has a much better micron rated element. As you stated... fuel tank contamination hasn't seemed to be much of an issue here so far... hopefully it stays that way. Good post!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by GTXX View Post
    me being the curious f'r that I am, bought a stock fuel pressure regulator for cheap and cut it open to see what's inside. Turns out the top part of the regulator contains a pleated paper fuel filter. This is way more of a filter than the one on the bottom of the fuel pump and when replacing the stock regulator with the billet part that comes with the RRFPR set ups you're losing a lot of your fuel filtration. I have not heard of anyone having a problem doing this but thought I would share what I learned...
    Yeah, I did the same thing a while back. I have not heard of any issues but its easy enough to put an inline filter on if concerned.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by speedskixp View Post
    Yeah, I did the same thing a while back. I have not heard of any issues but its easy enough to put an inline filter on if concerned.
    Which one did you find that would work for this? I was going through how to remote mount my RRFPR and saw this and figured to bring it to the top since we just coincidently talked about this the other day.

+1
    wow, this is good information!

Nothin' better than Doo'in it! BigDaddyRXP's Avatar
    +1
    I'm gonna be running this one... as soon a summit racing sends me one thats threaded on both ends

Name:	DSCF3165.JPG 
Views:	100 
Size:	1.28 MB 
ID:	165910  

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Gus13letter View Post
    Which one did you find that would work for this? I was going through how to remote mount my RRFPR and saw this and figured to bring it to the top since we just coincidently talked about this the other day.
    This is the one I got. It takes 3/8in npt. I think Jerry is looking at carrying something similar in the store soon.

Name:	fuel filter.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	397.5 KB 
ID:	165932  

+1
    is the paper filter replacable in the reguator the reason i ask is i heard the one on the bottom of the fuel pump should be replace every 100 hrs it would just make sense to change it also

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by idoodou View Post
    is the paper filter replacable in the reguator the reason i ask is i heard the one on the bottom of the fuel pump should be replace every 100 hrs it would just make sense to change it also
    The one in the stock reg is not replaceable unless you replace the entire reg.

+1
    sometime it just makes me wonder why would you put a filter in something that can not be replace with out replaceing the whole item it would make more sense to make it a regular service item then brp and it's dealers could make more money either on serviceing and/or part sales why wait til the reguator fails do to a clogged filter ...even in the service manual it says no need to change fuel pump filter til it's clogged by then it may have cause damage to the pump later they came out with a notice saying to change every 100 hrs. not one dealer around me knew of it or carried the filter

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information