Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Cool Island Racing Hole Shot Kit

OMG,.. this thing is a bitch. Some say it takes few hours to install, it took me 8hrs and that's without a trial run. Why? Let me elaborate. Island Racing Kit has all the necessary hardware to complete the installation. That said, the instructions are how shall i put this, @*#%. This issue has been discussed on this website in 2006, but no changes ever made by IR. They still are hand drawn, short hand labeled, and left for own interpretation. For people like my self who have technical know how, but lack special tools, please gather all necessary bits and take your time with this mod. Practice drilling and tapping before actual modification of the exhaust. So that said, nobody in my local tool stores (home depot, plumbing, west marine) knew where to find a 1/8 NPT tap bit. After talking to friends in local tool shops and garages, i found one through a good friend of mine at a Truck repair and supply store.
    Now, the Jetworks valve is installed, but, even with tightening the two clamps with a wrench, the valve is spinning withing the high pressure hose. I cant wait to sink my ski. SO,. i doubled up on all through hull sealing with 5200, and i am ready to double clamp all hoses if any evidence of leaking is suspected.
    I hope the benefits outweigh the frustration with the overall install of this kit.
    Ok done venting, now off to work.

+1
    First I don't know how many threads we have here on how to do this but too many to count, I'll just post the one that is a sticky in the how to section. http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=24493

Second 1/8 NPT ? I don't buy kits, I do it myself but where did the 1/8 NPT go? I used nothing smaller than 1/4" on mine.

Third the pro jetworks valve are supposed to spin for ease of adjustment, they are not spinning in your hose.

You probably would hate Fercho's drawing too.

[quote=OsideBill;1188085]First I don't know how many threads we have here on how to do this but too many to count, I'll just post the one that is a sticky in the how to section. http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=24493

Second 1/8 NPT ? I don't buy kits, I do it myself but where did the 1/8 NPT go? I used nothing smaller than 1/4" on mine.

THE 1/8 NPT is the TAP size for the 11/32 hole that you drill into the stinger for the outlet line. All this as per IR instructions, 1/8 is the thread type, not the size. One of the challanges i overcame in communicating with the stores.

well maybe before you bash Carl, and he is also a member in good standing here as well, you should have given him a call to ask questions...

also as Bill said, there are many threads on this topics and many pictures, alls you had to do was search or ask...
    I have the IR kit installed as drawn, no issues, and I`m NO back yard mechanic... you want something to come out right and nice, it takes time and a full understanding on how things work...

there are many places to get that tap, always prepare and get everything you need before tearing into a project...

nothing for nothing, but carl is one of the best GPR tuners out there...

+1
    [quote=eurokidlt;1188132]
    Quote Originally Posted by OsideBill View Post
    First I don't know how many threads we have here on how to do this but too many to count, I'll just post the one that is a sticky in the how to section. http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=24493

THE 1/8 NPT is the TAP size for the 11/32 hole that you drill into the stinger for the outlet line. All this as per IR instructions, 1/8 is the thread type, not the size. One of the challanges i overcame in communicating with the stores.
    I believe I understand thread size, also an 1/8" npt is not that uncommon.

+1

Ir instructions

i have to agree with euro andy(palerider)AND DON,T BEAT UP ON ME!Carl's a genius but those instructions are a little differcult, i figured it out later after researching threads ,the1/8 is thread type, 11/32 is drill size,Carl can be a little differcult to reach,sometimes

+1
    They may be hand writting but I had no issues and found those directions tell you exactly what to do and what sizes you need for everything. I had a 1/8npt thread in my kit.

Quote Originally Posted by jetdave56 View Post
    i have to agree with euro andy(palerider)AND DON,T BEAT UP ON ME!Carl's a genius but those instructions are a little differcult, i figured it out later after researching threads ,the1/8 is thread type, 11/32 is drill size,Carl can be a little differcult to reach,sometimes
    HAHAHAHAHAHAA

I mean, well, Er, Huh, you are a carpenter Dave!

I would have to add that anyone with little to no knowledge of mechanics can learn and get an education from the forums and install bolt on`s with success. The shared knowledge on the forums are endless. But,,, reading and understanding the product and it`s function is no fault of carl`s.

other than that, Do you want carl to come over your house and install it for you, I guess the price would tripple, plus tolls and mileage!

heck even the Riva info sheet on the EFI controller is broad, those settings they recommend aren`t for every ski, that`s another subject...

sooo, yes we all learn something......

Quote Originally Posted by jetdave56 View Post
    HAHAHAHAHAHAA

I mean, well, Er, Huh, you are a carpenter Dave!

I would have to add that anyone with little to no knowledge of mechanics can learn and get an education from the forums and install bolt on`s with success. The shared knowledge on the forums are endless. But,,, reading and understanding the product and it`s function are no fault of carl`s.

do the VF3`s come with an instruction sheet???

heck even the Riva info sheet on the EFI controller is broad, those settings they recommend aren`t for every ski, that`s another subject...

sooo, yes we all learn something......

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information