Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

+1

Ultra 150 will not start..

I have a 2000 Ultra 150 that will not start or 'power up'. Battery is good, ground and cables are good. I can jump across the solenoid and get it to spin over.

It acts like the key is off. No click, no gauges, etc. There is no power getting to the solenoid - I checked it with my multimeter (the small lead to trigger the solenoid when you press start). Acts like a bad key or ? I am new to the Ultras.

Ski was parked three years ago due to this problem....

I Assume you have a manual. You should be able to start inside the relay box and trace back toward the front. The 2 wires that carry all the power are red with a white stripe I belive. Be sure to check inside connectors along the way. There is a pretty good wiring diagram in the manual to help you out.

+1
    No manual - I assume they have them in pdf somewhere on here? Just got the ski tonight. Wasn't sure if it was a common thing - like 'oh yeah the switch goes bad often'. I will check out those wires and trace back up as you said. Will probably end up parting it out this winter or selling as is as a project for someone. Curious as to the hours and curious as to why no juice!

Thank you!!!

+1
    And nice flames on your 150 very cool!!!

Here Is a link to the manual http://www.ultra150.yuku.com/topic/2878

What kind of condition is the ski in?

+1
    Ski is not bad - it is complete. Been sitting 3 years. Engine has good compression - excessive in two cylinders due to a ton of fogging oil in cylinders/crankcase. Looks like a freshwater ski. Would need fuel system completely gone through, crank seals due to sitting (my opinion), plus electrical figured out to be put back on the water. I bought it because I know the engine is worth some money (clean cases & cylinders should be good), plus all the little stuff can be ebayed. Will probably post complete first as a parts ski or project.

Did you check the two reset buttons in the back? They have just a little red button you push?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Nebraska View Post
    Did you check the two reset buttons in the back? They have just a little red button you push?
    HAHAHA wow that was it!! Thanks!

You are not the first person that has happened.

Talking My Ultra 150 will not start either

Quote Originally Posted by Nebraska View Post
    I have a 2001 Ultra 150 which shows no signs of life. Battery and leads are all normal, including ground etc.

Where are the reset buttons located? I have found 2 small reuberized boxes mounter on the sidewall, rightside front of the engine compartment is that them? do not seem to have buttons on them. And info would be most appredciated. Jet Ski season is in full swing. Boatman 4520

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information