Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Good time to buy a RXP215?

Hi,
    After renting PWC's for a few days in the Bahamas, I am planning on buying one for the lakes in my area and trips to family in other states. Right now there are new RXP's for sale in the $8k range. I am not in too much of a hurry since the season is already almost over with a month or so left.

I can buy one now but am planning on getting one in January when I visit my inlaws down in Pensacola, Florida. It might be nice to run around the bays before heading back to Nebraska. Will the deals still be there on new RXP's at the end of the year or is the end of summer a better time to buy?

We plan on using it for exploring when we are camping by the lakes in the area. The 215hp sounds like it would be similar to having the power of our sport bikes, ICC shifterkart, and Bruteforce ATV, in a jetski. That is the reason I am looking at the RXP. It is just the two of us so we aren't looking at the three seaters.

Any thoughts on this?

+1
    I just bought a new 08 rxp and IMO nows the time to buy. you could wait till jan but the selection will be less. But as of right now dealers are looking to clear out the seadoos to make room on the showroom floor for th new Skidoo's. The dealers in my area already have all the jetskis out of the showroom and the new skidoo's are in and ready to go. Cross your fingers cause im hopin i still have 2 months left to ride my new toy.

+1
    I'm not knocking the two seaters - they are great too. But I really enjoy the room on my RXT. If you haven't, you should try out a 3 seater while riding 2 people. Of course there will be $$$ involved. Good luck w/your purchase.

Better selection now but you will probably find the best prices at a mid-winter boat show (by getting a new leftover.)

+1
    I would wait a couple of weeks to see what the 2010 models are before I buy anything. If they are the chit, you might want one. If you are trying to save money and they are the chit, they might drive the cost of the left over models down.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by KirkF350 View Post
    I would wait a couple of weeks to see what the 2010 models are before I buy anything. If they are the chit, you might want one. If you are trying to save money and they are the chit, they might drive the cost of the left over models down.
    +1 I want to add a RXP or RXPX to my fleet, probably wait till late in the year.

+1
    welcome to the forum ZX11

Thanks for the ideas guys. This winter will have to include my first boat show.

2 adults on a rxp will be a little tight the RXT isn't too much more and i have one and absolutely love it

My only issue with the RXT was the extra foot of length and the extra 30lbs for someone who doesn't have a third person to carry. If the extra size is needed to carry a passenger, then I will have to reconsider. I didn't think of the RXP as being too small for two riders. I definately want to be able to carry a passenger. I am already irritated that our 650cc ATV is big enough and has the room for a passenger but legally it can't have a passenger in the local state parks. The PWC's seem nice because they are built for passengers from the factory.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information